Thinking about At&t

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought about verizon but wanted a gsm carrier because of the ease of swapping sim cards when buying unlocked phones. That is something vzw doesnt offer. I do travel but not a great great deal.

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
T-Mo is giving out air rave equivalents for no 4g service @ home? Is that correct?

Yes, if you can show you're not getting good/consistent signal. Call them a lot. :-D

For instance I live in a tiny dead zone (about two blocks square) in an area that shows great coverage on the map, and they offered it to me.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you can show you're not getting good/consistent signal. Call them a lot. :-D

For instance I live in a tiny dead zone (about two blocks square) in an area that shows great coverage on the map, and they offered it to me.

Hmmmm, I will look into that because that might be a game changer. T-Mo has unlimited 4G data now with no caps so this could be a win. Thanks for the tip

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, I will look into that because that might be a game changer. T-Mo has unlimited 4G data now with no caps so this could be a win. Thanks for the tip

Welcome. :)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Are there any DC users in this thread?? Want to find out what your experiences are with At&t in the DC/MD area?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Att for me has been great! I have had them now for about 5-6 months. No real issues and CS seems good too. My local corp store is awesome too. Again I have not dealt with them to much. But I see that as a good thing. See if their plans fit within your budget and if it does give them a try!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Att for me has been great! I have had them now for about 5-6 months. No real issues and CS seems good too. My local corp store is awesome too. Again I have not dealt with them to much. But I see that as a good thing. See if their plans fit within your budget and if it does give them a try!

Yeah sounds good. They were getting a lot of flack at one point for dropped calls and such but they have made lots of improvements according to the map in the DC area. Plan wouod be about 25 bucks more a month but with solid hspa+ and lte in my area I think I will give it a go. Just waiting for the note 2 announcement. I have grown tired of sprints network and I have lost just about all my patience.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sounds good. They were getting a lot of flack at one point for dropped calls and such but they have made lots of improvements according to the map in the DC area. Plan wouod be about 25 bucks more a month but with solid hspa+ and lte in my area I think I will give it a go. Just waiting for the note 2 announcement. I have grown tired of sprints network and I have lost just about all my patience.

I dont blame you! I left Sprint as well. The later network is junk. Plus att is only $10 more a month for me with my plan. I got 450 minutes, 3 gigs of data and unlimited text. With a 15% savings from work it comes out to be $97.35 a month in Vermont. We only have HSPA+ (Averaging about 6meg down) with no LTE currently. Only Verizon has LTE but I don't like Verizon. I Will stick with GSM! Plus my connection works when I need it too! Coverage for me is awesome.

CJ

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
With any carrier ups and downs they do lie about speeds but they are decent depending on your coverage area its all up to you but there OK there stengy about data (nightmare) but other than that it should be fine (I hope) expect to pay more than sprint those but with at&t if you vet unlimited text with the 500 min plan you can talk to other carriers for free ;) so expect a bill around 150
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont blame you! I left Sprint as well. The later network is junk. Plus att is only $10 more a month for me with my plan. I got 450 minutes, 3 gigs of data and unlimited text. With a 15% savings from work it comes out to be $97.35 a month in Vermont. We only have HSPA+ (Averaging about 6meg down) with no LTE currently. Only Verizon has LTE but I don't like Verizon. I Will stick with GSM! Plus my connection works when I need it too! Coverage for me is awesome.

CJ

Yeah, my confidence in sprint has been shattered over the last few years. I'm just patiently waiting for some GN2 news and I will be on my way to At&t......Hello LTE :)

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
My three children are on ATT with iPhone 4's and they drop calls at an alarming rate. They constantly have problems sending and receiving pictures as well.

There's your trouble. AT&T's network was the scapegoat for Apple poor antenna design.

They've been my carrier of choice her in San Antonio for ten years.

get yourself a Nexus 7. you can thank me later.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never been on Sprint, but I have had service from Verizon Worthless, AT&T and T-Mobile and I had the best coverage and quality of coverage with AT&T of all the carriers. I was the happiest with AT&T, the unhappiest (as in very unhappy) with Verizon and T-Mobile was simply ok. Hope this helps.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are there any DC users in this thread?? Want to find out what your experiences are with At&t in the DC/MD area?

I just switched over to StraightTalk (with an AT&T-compatible SIM), so my coverage is the same as AT&T's. Coverage has been pretty good (about the same as Sprint's in the places I frequent). I don't get 4G/LTE with StraightTalk, but it hasn't mattered. The 3G speed (HSPA+) has been at least 5 times faster than 3G on Sprint, so no complaints.

The big plus is $45/month unlimited. I don't abuse the data, so I haven't had any problems with the terms of service. My data use is unchanged from what I did on Sprint (about 1-2 GB/month). The rest of the time, I'm on WiFi.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thinking about At&t

I've never been on Sprint, but I have had service from Verizon Worthless, AT&T and T-Mobile and I had the best coverage and quality of coverage with AT&T of all the carriers. I was the happiest with AT&T, the unhappiest (as in very unhappy) with Verizon and T-Mobile was simply ok. Hope this helps.

It did....Thanks. I am waiting for some GN2 news and then will be on my way :)

---------- Post Merged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I just switched over to StraightTalk (with an AT&T-compatible SIM), so my coverage is the same as AT&T's. Coverage has been pretty good (about the same as Sprint's in the places I frequent). I don't get 4G/LTE with StraightTalk, but it hasn't mattered. The 3G speed (HSPA+) has been at least 5 times faster than 3G on Sprint, so no complaints.

The big plus is $45/month unlimited. I don't abuse the data, so I haven't had any problems with the terms of service. My data use is unchanged from what I did on Sprint (about 1-2 GB/month). The rest of the time, I'm on WiFi.

Good plus I found out that I have 30 days to try the service out before I am locked in to a contract so that is another plus..........

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I switched to att from sprint because service had been terrible since there trying to upgrade lte. Could not go more than a minute or two without the call dropping. Thus started in august and everytime we called they just kept pushing back the completion date. Pretty much anyone else will be higher in cost but you need service. :). So far att service has been good, would've preferred verizon but the hubby was stuck on the note lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I switched to att from sprint because service had been terrible since there trying to upgrade lte. Could not go more than a minute or two without the call dropping. Thus started in august and everytime we called they just kept pushing back the completion date. Pretty much anyone else will be higher in cost but you need service. :). So far att service has been good, would've preferred verizon but the hubby was stuck on the note lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, Im willing to pay 20-25 bucks a more a month for solid 3g and lte service in my area. The completion date for my area has been pushed back again and I cannot deal with the 200 kbps dwn anymore. Now i need to sell my sprint gs3 so i can gt the note 2 on att when it drops :)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Its getting close......Samsung announcement in nyc on 10/24 could mean the note 2 is near!! After another day of 0.80 kbps down on sprint, it cant come soon enough!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well att sucks in my area and Verizon is so so. I get wimax everywhere in Chicago even indoors
aramanyp.jpg

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well att sucks in my area and Verizon is so so. I get wimax everywhere in Chicago even indoors http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/28/aramanyp.jpg

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Must be nice but with these speeds what good is unlimited data with no throtting, caps or overages??? At&t is great in the DC area. Im tired of sprint :banghead:

utaqutyr.jpg