Thinking about At&t

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Must be nice but with these speeds what good is unlimited data with no throtting, caps or overages??? At&t is great in the DC area. Im tired of sprint :banghead:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/28/utaqutyr.jpg

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Lame! I say get a new carrier! ATT is great in Vermont with HSPA+! 6Meg down and about 2 up. See what your friends are getting! This is why I left Sprint 5-6 months ago.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, now you see what I have been dealing
with. Just cant deal with it any longer.

bobobeans

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
HSPA+ is ok but, Check out This Att LTE screenshot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349126809271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349126809271.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 92

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
HSPA+ is ok but, Check out This Att LTE screenshot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Lucky you! I only have HSPA+. But I am ok with that! LTE would just kill more of my battery right now! 6Megs down is more than enough in todays world! Either way I wish it was an option but its not a selling point. Still....*jealous*!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
With the news of the HTC one X plus today and the GN 2 around the corner I need some solid release dates so I can decide who I wilo give my $$$ too. C'mon already

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just can't c myself going to att again ANY TIME soon att sucks in Chicago compared to vzw and sprint esp in my area I just can't c capped AND shared data naw I'm good lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just can't c myself going to att again ANY TIME soon att sucks in Chicago compared to vzw and sprint esp in my area I just can't c capped AND shared data naw I'm good lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Lol...I hear ya. I guess I feel the exact same way about sprint in the DC area. What good is all of these high power phones dropping on sprint with sloooooow 3G and 20-25% completion in newly released lte markets?? Sprint is just not delivering

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got time to check for an answer. Things slow in android central tonight's.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

You can go month to month. No contract needed. However they will still check your credit in order to open a line of service. But you can use an upgrade whenever you would like to.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is factory unlocked. It is capable of using AT&T or T Mobile SIM card. Several Verizon phones can. The Rezound can right out of the box. Last I knew there were data problems and texting difficulties, but you could make and receive phone calls.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My thread is being hijacked.....Lol. cmon gve me some gn2 news!! :)

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am a looooong time Verizon customer. Where I work the signal is killing me. I am ten feet from the edge of a building, but cannot get signal. If I walk out the door ten feet away, I jump to four bars of LTE. My friends with AT&T seem to have no problem. So I was thinking of getting AT&T sim for the periods I have to work in that building. Our jobs rotate so I am not always in there. I figure when I have to spend a month or two in there, I can put AT&T sim in the iPhone 5 and re activate my iPhone 4 on my Verizon number.

More than anything, I am just thinking out loud. I will stay with Verizon as long as my wife and I can keep unlimited data. Once we lose that, I'll go prepaid gsm somewhere.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh, I see. I am in a totally different boat. Im just looking to dump sprint. Cant deal with their abysmall speeds and spotty 3g and non exsistent 4g promises anymore. I am willing to pay more for good service. My contract with sprint ends today and I would rather go gsm than cdma again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes