Thinking about At&t

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, If I were ever to leave Verizon, it will be gsm from there on for sure.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if that has already been answered but I did not read the entire thread...

If I bring my own device (iPhone 5 from Verizon...) to AT&T to try it out, do still have to sign a contract with them or can I just go monthly? I have looked at their website and it seems as if they require a contract even if you already have a phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: yes I know the Verizon Five will not pick up AT&Ts LTE signal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, any GSM-capable phone can be used on AT&T, and if it's unlocked and you bring your own device, you can go month-to-month with no contract. At least i believe that is still the case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If for whatever reason I dont decide to get the gn2 (Size maybe) what other phones would you guys/gals recommend. I plan on spending alot of time with the gn2 once it arrives but size is a small but main concern. I have the gs3 on sprint now but would be open to other phones/manufacters, even international phones that work on att bands. Any ideas?

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If for whatever reason I dont decide to get the gn2 (Size maybe) what other phones would you guys/gals recommend. I plan on spending alot of time with the gn2 once it arrives but size is a small but main concern. I have the gs3 on sprint now but would be open to other phones/manufacters, even international phones that work on att bands. Any ideas?

If you like Sammy devices then I'd stick with the S3 on att if the GN2 is to big for you.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I am strongly cosidering leaving sprint to join At&t. I use about 3 gigs of data a month (hard to believe on sprints 3g network) lol but have grown frustrated with spotty service, dropped calls and slooow 3G. What are the pro's/con's to At&t. Any HELPFUL info would be appreciated. Btw im in the DC metro area. Thanks

Ive had both Sprint and ATT.

Living in the Bay Area, the only advantage of AT&T is that I didnt have dropped calls. In terms of the DATA, ATT service is just as slow and coverage sucks just as much as Sprint. Just my .02

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well thats not too encouraging. I heard At&t was pretty good now considering their dropped call problems of years back. Sucks they just changed their try out policy from 30 to 14 days but thats still enough time for me to work the hell out their service to real world test it. I have to make a decision on what I am going to do and make it soon :confused:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh, I see. I am in a totally different boat. Im just looking to dump sprint. Cant deal with their abysmall speeds and spotty 3g and non exsistent 4g promises anymore. I am willing to pay more for good service. My contract with sprint ends today and I would rather go gsm than cdma again.

You get what you pay for. Before I switched to att, I had Verizon for 5 years. It was expensive but worth it in los Angeles and from what I see with others, worth it in Denver too.

Before the shared plans I saved over $30/mo with AT&T for the same exact plan which was my main reason for switching. Quality had been just a tad below Verizon but has gotten better. And once I get LTE I'll be happier than ever.

I have sprint through work and I'm sick of dropping calls on clients. Our branch in los Angeles had the same issues. It's stupid.

Make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One X

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for. Before I switched to att, I had Verizon for 5 years. It was expensive but worth it in los Angeles and from what I see with others, worth it in Denver too.

Before the shared plans I saved over $30/mo with AT&T for the same exact plan which was my main reason for switching. Quality had been just a tad below Verizon but has gotten better. And once I get LTE I'll be happier than ever.

I have sprint through work and I'm sick of dropping calls on clients. Our branch in los Angeles had the same issues. It's stupid.

Make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One X

Lol. I hear what your saying. I have the gs3 on sprint so I am familiar with samsung devices. I see you have the one x from htc. How do you like it compared to the gs3?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive had both Sprint and ATT.

Living in the Bay Area, the only advantage of AT&T is that I didnt have dropped calls. In terms of the DATA, ATT service is just as slow and coverage sucks just as much as Sprint. Just my .02

I was in Oakland, Vallejo, sac and the city in July. My HOX got excellent data all over and LTE in Oakland, bay bridge and the city. Maybe you got a bad handset?

Sent from my HTC One X

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well after playing with a note 2 yesterday for about an hr, I have decided its not for me. Awesome device, spen, features and screen but the size is just too big for me for everyday use. So now im back to the drawing board because I still wanna ditch sprint and join att. I mist first sell my sprint gs3 and either buy an att gs3 outright, used or gt another phone all together to avoid signing a two yr agreement. Any ideas? My wife is not happy with me right now. Lol :eek:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well after playing with a note 2 yesterday for about an hr, I have decided its not for me. Awesome device, spen, features and screen but the size is just too big for me for everyday use. So now im back to the drawing board because I still wanna ditch sprint and join att. I mist first sell my sprint gs3 and either buy an att gs3 outright, used or gt another phone all together to avoid signing a two yr agreement. Any ideas? My wife is not happy with me right now. Lol :eek:

Get an S3 used or new from att ($550 new I think) or wait until Monday rolls around...The new Nexus will be out by then! (Crossing fingers!) I personally will be sticking with my S3 as I am happy with it.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Get an S3 used or new from att ($550 new I think) or wait until Monday rolls around...The new Nexus will be out by then! (Crossing fingers!) I personally will be sticking with my S3 as I am happy with it.

Yeah I love the S3, just not sprint. Lol. Im checking all the back channels as well, ebay, craigslist, etc. I forgot about the 29th so I may wait a few days just to see whats in store. Thanx for the reminder. If all else fails once I sell my sprint gs3 that should cover the cost of another s3 on att but I will prolly take a 100-150 dollar hit. Worth it to be done with sprint though

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love the S3, just not sprint. Lol. Im checking all the back channels as well, ebay, craigslist, etc. I forgot about the 29th so I may wait a few days just to see whats in store. Thanx for the reminder. If all else fails once I sell my sprint gs3 that should cover the cost of another s3 on att but I will prolly take a 100-150 dollar hit. Worth it to be done with sprint though

I agree with you 100%! I left Sprint 6-7 months ago and love att so far. Great speeds on HSPA+ and pretty good coverage.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont care about the "Unlimited data" anymore. I use about 2-4 gigs a month so not a heavy data user. What good is unlimited data when the data speeds are just crap?? I would rather pay for a service I can use. Would you mind if I pm'd u a question?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351296233082.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351296233082.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351296259682.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351296259682.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 27

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont care about the "Unlimited data" anymore. I use about 2-4 gigs a month so not a heavy data user. What good is unlimited data when the data speeds are just crap?? I would rather pay for a service I can use. Would you mind if I pm'd u a question?

Not at all!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Those are some terrible data speeds. I'd just wait to see how much the new lg nexus is on the play store. Or check ur local craigslist or check out swappa.com that's where I bought my note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Those are some terrible data speeds. I'd just wait to see how much the new lg nexus is on the play store. Or check ur local craigslist or check out swappa.com that's where I bought my note.

Yeah just found out about swappa. I gotta get rid of my sg3 for sprint

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah just found out about swappa. I gotta get rid of my sg3 for sprint

Ya I usually deal through Craigslist cause its pretty easy and u can find good deals. Picked up my razr for verizon about 5 months ago for only $150.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya I usually deal through Craigslist cause its pretty easy and u can find good deals. Picked up my razr for verizon about 5 months ago for only $150.

Yeah gonna chk it out today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15