Sprint?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Even though Sprint has opened up these new markets for LTE none of the mentioned markets are near or at 100% complete. Sprint still has its work cut out but It's nice seeing some progress :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree. AT &T has had plenty of time to push ahead but isn't moving very fast from the way it seems.

Jay A whY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just went through a labor dispute with their telecommunications employees. Most likely the cause of there slow LTE deployment. I'm just glad that they have Denver as a soon to be city with LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
They have Milwaukee as well. I dunno I guess with how big AT&T is they should be able to deploy faster and yet...

Milly

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I know it's never gonna happen, but now that carriers are standardizing on lte, it sure would be nice if they could share the airwaves and allow lte connections for competitor's customers reciprocally.

It would save them money, to boot, and maximize utilized spectrum.

But, at the moment, lte coverage is a competitive advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
But unlike Sprint's back bone ATT's works! And it works well! I get 10meg down on HSPA+. Enjoy your broken 3G speeds if you do not have LTE! 500K does not cut it for me!

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
But unlike Sprint's back bone ATT's works! And it works well! I get 10meg down on HSPA+. Enjoy your broken 3G speeds if you do not have LTE! 500K does not cut it for me!

if it works!! ive been getting h+ but c an never load a page or a video anymore.. irs depressing how their network is just crumbling even more..

I may jump ship soon ill deal woth tier plans for the service....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen where Sprint said they were done with any rollout of LTE...I have seen and read where they are currently "in-progress" and the rollout is underway.
Sprint's allowing it's subscribers to utilize the LTE signals before they ever finish the rollout in a market area and I think in some ways that is a mistake, because you get people complaining about something that 1)isn't finished or complete, 2)may not work fully and 3)isn't meant to be on-par with the final product that they offer...people just don't seem to get it, it's being "worked on"...but folks want instant gratification when it comes to data on a mobile carrier....

I have seen where AT&T isn't making such great decisions, like keeping it's LTE turned off until a market is completely done which doesn't give anyone a taste of what they'll offer...and the whole facetime-iphone thing that's being investigated by the FCC ....
I won't go into how AT&T is rolling money from the home broadband side over to the cellular side and leaving people with their old, copper broadband (ADSL++2) service in the dark when it comes to getting ANY sort of upgrade. I've had 6meg DSL for 5 years now since they installed the DSLAM..they have NO intention of ever upgrading this area with U-verse unless the equipment becomes free to them...
Hell, the DSLAM we have now came from an Atlanta CO that got upgraded to U-verse...they didn't want to put it in here and only did so because the equipment didn't need to be purchased.

Isn't fair for me to pay their price ($47.95/month for 6meg) when they take 80% of that as profit, then turn that profit over to cellular to help them do what??!!? They aren't making great strides in cell markets that I can see. But wait...if I agree to take their old played-out phone service with a "bundle" package, I can save $5 a month and get my DSL for $42.95/month.

I think they should be REQUIRED to give people faster service (which wouldn't be hard for them in my area, I watched them run the 2 24-pair fiber lines under my driveway when they powered this hub from the CO back in 1996)
I still have the same service they rolled out back in 2008 and the only thing that's changed about their service is now I have a 150gb/month cap on my home broadband. I dare not attempt to buy an AT&T cell phone, even though they put a tower 1 mile from my house (because the hub nextdoor to me powers the cell phone tower that's a mile away)...the service still sucks with them, and the data speeds are awful. Explain to me how that's better than the service I get with Sprint. I live 1 mile from the AT&T cell site, literally it's right behind my friends house, and the service isn't any better than Sprint, who's tower is 6 miles from me as the crow flies. I roam on Verizon who has an agreement with AT&T to use that tower up the road...but AT&T is no saint in the picture..no need to bash one over another because they all have their flaws.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why are you all bashing on sprint good for you if you can afford the most expensive carrier in the country IMO their plans don't match the speed or cost of the network. I'd hate to have to constantly monitor my data usage better to have unlimited on a slow network than have 5gbs on a fast network where you'd use it all in a week with regular usage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is sill upgrading 2g to Hspa+ at the same time they are doing lte rollout. My little Podunk town of <3000 people got upgraded of August 1st. I'll gladly take 4+mbps over 0.1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just went through a labor dispute with their telecommunications employees. Most likely the cause of there slow LTE deployment. I'm just glad that they have Denver as a soon to be city with LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah they need to hurry the frik up and get us LTE. I had a taste when I visited san Francisco and I want it already lol

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Why are you all bashing on sprint good for you if you can afford the most expensive carrier in the country IMO their plans don't match the speed or cost of the network. I'd hate to have to constantly monitor my data usage better to have unlimited on a slow network than have 5gbs on a fast network where you'd use it all in a week with regular usage.

Actually vzw has always been more expensive than AT&T. And the price is worth it to not have bad customer service, dropped calls and slow data.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm not bashing Sprint...I'm bashing AT&T for letting Sprint catch up to them. Read the original post queen of drama! :D

Milly

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually vzw has always been more expensive than AT&T. And the price is worth it to not have bad customer service, dropped calls and slow data.

Actually sprint call quality is bar none the best and my service in Chicago is great data too.

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually sprint call quality is bar none the best and my service in Chicago is great data too
Sent from m White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Just my experience. Had them for 3 years so far through work and not getting better. It's still area dependent so lucky for you.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And lucky for the other 3million people who stay in Chicago because I have good speed EVERYWHERE I go and my sis and aunt who is on sprint does too

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint users are lucky enough to be in an LTE area then the data for Sprint prolly isn't to bad! I however couldn't take the speeds any longer and came to att. Its been better and much better coverage so in my travels. But if your in an LTE city and you never travel outside the city then you got a good deal going! otherwise I would look else where unless this recent buy out helps them out a ton! But time will tell.