Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint?

How has Sprint already half way caught up to AT&T with LTE! Fail!

Milly

Default Re: Sprint?

Even though Sprint has opened up these new markets for LTE none of the mentioned markets are near or at 100% complete. Sprint still has its work cut out but It's nice seeing some progress

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's nice for Sprint...I'm more slamming Ma Bell for dragging behinds

Milly

Yes I agree. AT &T has had plenty of time to push ahead but isn't moving very fast from the way it seems.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Sprint?

AT&T just went through a labor dispute with their telecommunications employees. Most likely the cause of there slow LTE deployment. I'm just glad that they have Denver as a soon to be city with LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

They have Milwaukee as well. I dunno I guess with how big AT&T is they should be able to deploy faster and yet...

Milly

ROM
    Stock

I know it's never gonna happen, but now that carriers are standardizing on lte, it sure would be nice if they could share the airwaves and allow lte connections for competitor's customers reciprocally.

It would save them money, to boot, and maximize utilized spectrum.

But, at the moment, lte coverage is a competitive advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

But unlike Sprint's back bone ATT's works! And it works well! I get 10meg down on HSPA+. Enjoy your broken 3G speeds if you do not have LTE! 500K does not cut it for me!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    But unlike Sprint's back bone ATT's works! And it works well! I get 10meg down on HSPA+. Enjoy your broken 3G speeds if you do not have LTE! 500K does not cut it for me!
    Fair enough. I get similar speeds thru HSPA as well

Milly

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    if it works!! ive been getting h+ but c an never load a page or a video anymore.. irs depressing how their network is just crumbling even more..

I may jump ship soon ill deal woth tier plans for the service....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

I haven't seen where Sprint said they were done with any rollout of LTE...I have seen and read where they are currently "in-progress" and the rollout is underway.
    Sprint's allowing it's subscribers to utilize the LTE signals before they ever finish the rollout in a market area and I think in some ways that is a mistake, because you get people complaining about something that 1)isn't finished or complete, 2)may not work fully and 3)isn't meant to be on-par with the final product that they offer...people just don't seem to get it, it's being "worked on"...but folks want instant gratification when it comes to data on a mobile carrier....

I have seen where AT&T isn't making such great decisions, like keeping it's LTE turned off until a market is completely done which doesn't give anyone a taste of what they'll offer...and the whole facetime-iphone thing that's being investigated by the FCC ....
    I won't go into how AT&T is rolling money from the home broadband side over to the cellular side and leaving people with their old, copper broadband (ADSL++2) service in the dark when it comes to getting ANY sort of upgrade. I've had 6meg DSL for 5 years now since they installed the DSLAM..they have NO intention of ever upgrading this area with U-verse unless the equipment becomes free to them...
    Hell, the DSLAM we have now came from an Atlanta CO that got upgraded to U-verse...they didn't want to put it in here and only did so because the equipment didn't need to be purchased.

Isn't fair for me to pay their price ($47.95/month for 6meg) when they take 80% of that as profit, then turn that profit over to cellular to help them do what??!!? They aren't making great strides in cell markets that I can see. But wait...if I agree to take their old played-out phone service with a "bundle" package, I can save $5 a month and get my DSL for $42.95/month.

I think they should be REQUIRED to give people faster service (which wouldn't be hard for them in my area, I watched them run the 2 24-pair fiber lines under my driveway when they powered this hub from the CO back in 1996)
    I still have the same service they rolled out back in 2008 and the only thing that's changed about their service is now I have a 150gb/month cap on my home broadband. I dare not attempt to buy an AT&T cell phone, even though they put a tower 1 mile from my house (because the hub nextdoor to me powers the cell phone tower that's a mile away)...the service still sucks with them, and the data speeds are awful. Explain to me how that's better than the service I get with Sprint. I live 1 mile from the AT&T cell site, literally it's right behind my friends house, and the service isn't any better than Sprint, who's tower is 6 miles from me as the crow flies. I roam on Verizon who has an agreement with AT&T to use that tower up the road...but AT&T is no saint in the picture..no need to bash one over another because they all have their flaws.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Why are you all bashing on sprint good for you if you can afford the most expensive carrier in the country IMO their plans don't match the speed or cost of the network. I'd hate to have to constantly monitor my data usage better to have unlimited on a slow network than have 5gbs on a fast network where you'd use it all in a week with regular usage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

AT&T is sill upgrading 2g to Hspa+ at the same time they are doing lte rollout. My little Podunk town of <3000 people got upgraded of August 1st. I'll gladly take 4+mbps over 0.1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    brkaras likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A whY View Post
    AT&T just went through a labor dispute with their telecommunications employees. Most likely the cause of there slow LTE deployment. I'm just glad that they have Denver as a soon to be city with LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah they need to hurry the frik up and get us LTE. I had a taste when I visited san Francisco and I want it already lol

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Why are you all bashing on sprint good for you if you can afford the most expensive carrier in the country IMO their plans don't match the speed or cost of the network. I'd hate to have to constantly monitor my data usage better to have unlimited on a slow network than have 5gbs on a fast network where you'd use it all in a week with regular usage.

Actually vzw has always been more expensive than AT&T. And the price is worth it to not have bad customer service, dropped calls and slow data.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post

I'm not bashing Sprint...I'm bashing AT&T for letting Sprint catch up to them. Read the original post queen of drama!

Milly
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Actually vzw has always been more expensive than AT&T. And the price is worth it to not have bad customer service, dropped calls and slow data.
    Actually sprint call quality is bar none the best and my service in Chicago is great data too.

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Actually sprint call quality is bar none the best and my service in Chicago is great data too
    Sent from m White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Just my experience. Had them for 3 years so far through work and not getting better. It's still area dependent so lucky for you.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And lucky for the other 3million people who stay in Chicago because I have good speed EVERYWHERE I go and my sis and aunt who is on sprint does too

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

If Sprint users are lucky enough to be in an LTE area then the data for Sprint prolly isn't to bad! I however couldn't take the speeds any longer and came to att. Its been better and much better coverage so in my travels. But if your in an LTE city and you never travel outside the city then you got a good deal going! otherwise I would look else where unless this recent buy out helps them out a ton! But time will tell.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

More than a ton because they made it clear that the buyout wasn't changing anything but sprints financial situation unlimited data is staying network vision is going as planned and more city's are getting lte. And plus think about it Verizon and att at first didn't have a lte network either at some point. Sprint may be late to the party but are bringing unlimited data with them.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

More than a ton because they made it clear that the buyout wasn't changing anything but sprints financial situation unlimited data is staying network vision is going as planned and more city's are getting lte. And plus think about it Verizon and att at first didn't have a lte network either at some point. Sprint may be late to the party but are bringing unlimited data with them.

While I see what your saying but the truth is....For the avg user unlimited data means nothing. My family is lucky to break paste 1.5 gigs. Now I know many power users that can use a full 3gigs of data without an issue and trust me so cant I. But truthfully I have WiFi every where I go. Work/office, home and many shops that I hang out. So I use like maybe 1gig a month and I use my data a lot! Just saying. If you can use over 3gigs on Sprints network then awesome it still doesn't change the fact that for many users the 3G connection is deathly slow. I'm sure it will be fix but I see that a long ways away but they are working fast to fix the problems and I am happy that they are!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I have WiFi at home my girl house and at work but I still use over 4gb a month I travel a lot too and WiFi isn't everywhere (not yet)

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And my city Chicago Boston Texas and other city's are already under nv and are enjoying good 3g and UNLIMITED lte data with no caps or sharing

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

And my city Chicago Boston Texas and other city's are already under nv and are enjoying good 3g and UNLIMITED lte data with no caps or sharing

I too travel a lot for work. back and forth to Boston and NY most of the time. Like you I also never have to worry about overages. I use less than half of the data that I buy. So again for the avg user "unlimited" doesn't save me anything. I know "Unlimited" is a selling point and its a good one to have. But again att is much faster and it offers me better coverage for a whole $10 more a month and I am limited to 3gigs but for me thats more than enough. But for you you use more data and thats fine. I'm just giving some insight on why Sprint's "Unlimited" plan really in the bigger picture doesn't do them any good as of right now. Now down the road when they get a "good" 3G back bone in every state sorta like what Verizon has then the unlimited plan will matter.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast