Returning HOX to Best Buy and Purchasing HOX+ at ATT

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's the low down:

I purchased the HOX last week at Best Buy using my upgrade. I would like to return it and purchase the HOX+ from AT&T.
However, it is inconvenient for me to make the return first. Is there any way I can purchase the HOX+ first at the subsidized price and pop the SIM card in, then return the HOX at Best Buy?

I know there have been tons of people that try to pull a fast one and get 2 phones, but this isn't the case. It's simply a convenience matter. Also, I'd like to have AT&T transfer the content off my device in the store. Thanks

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the low down:

I purchased the HOX last week at Best Buy using my upgrade. I would like to return it and purchase the HOX+ from AT&T.
However, it is inconvenient for me to make the return first. Is there any way I can purchase the HOX+ first at the subsidized price and pop the SIM card in, then return the HOX at Best Buy?

I know there have been tons of people that try to pull a fast one and get 2 phones, but this isn't the case. It's simply a convenience matter. Also, I'd like to have AT&T transfer the content off my device in the store. Thanks

No you will need to make the return to best buy so that they can restore your upgrade on your account. Otherwise att will charge you full price for the HOX+ ($549.99). Also note it may take a few days for it to show up on your account. Hang on ALL of your documentation in case its not done correctly.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No you will need to make the return to best buy so that they can restore your upgrade on your account. Otherwise att will charge you full price for the HOX+ ($549.99). Also note it may take a few days for it to show up on your account. Hang on ALL of your documentation in case its not done correctly.

This. You can't purchase at a subsidized price when your upgrade is gone already. Just make sure you return the HOX before the 14 day window!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I'll make the return to the Best Buy store, and maybe I should just wait until they have the HOX+ in stock so it can be an exchange. (Of course I know I'll be paying the $100 difference).

Best Buy Mobile offers a 30 day return policy....while ATT has cut theirs back to 14 days. I'd hate to return the HOX, reactivate my iphone, and wait for the HOX+ to come in. That means switching SIM cards and data plans.

This is definitely conflicting because I'm not sure what happens to a contract after passing that 14 day window on ATT's side. I'll be sure to get it back to the store before 14 days is up though.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're just wanting the OneX+ then wait til best buy gets it. Should be within 30 return Window and exchange for that. No need to mess with switching upgrade back. Plus best buy insurance much better

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums