Hello At&t

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My area got 4G except....the very tower near my house. It's still 3G. Everywhere else is pretty much blanketed. 3G is normal again so I can't complain too much but it's still disappointing that I can go to just about any of the towns surrounding me and get 4G but my own doesn't have it.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My area got 4G except....the very tower near my house. It's still 3G. Everywhere else is pretty much blanketed. 3G is normal again so I can't complain too much but it's still disappointing that I can go to just about any of the towns surrounding me and get 4G but my own doesn't have it.

Yeah bro that sucks. I'm in Chicago and even with 55% completed I have lte in my basement

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I switch last summer! I love att speeds and the CS seems to be god so far as well. I enjoy data that I can use when I see fit. Rather than the carrier's spotty coverage! Even in the city like Boston when I go and visit.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah bro that sucks. I'm in Chicago and even with 55% completed I have lte in my basement

Hah I know. It's like urrrrrrgggghhh!

I did kinda get LTE the other day though. I was coming out of a client's store and it showed up but I couldn't actually get the data to do anything, then it popped back to 3G. We're soooooo clooooose! :p

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I left sprint because I just got sick and tired of waiting, waiting and more waiting. Between waiting for true 4G, slooooooooow 3G and dropped calls because of network vision. When sprint gets it together in the greater DC area I would be open to giving them a relook. Right now, I'm enjoying lte, thats all that matters to me

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got sick of waiting too so I roamed, got booted, then went to various prepaid and ultimately Straight Talk for about a year. Sprint has its crap together here finally so I've returned to get back to that truly unlimited data. 3G is actually good now so not having 4G is a bummer but not a real world problem.

I would NOT have signed back up if their 3G was the way it used to be.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got sick of waiting too so I roamed, got booted, then went to various prepaid and ultimately Straight Talk for about a year. Sprint has its crap together here finally so I've returned to get back to that truly unlimited data. 3G is actually good now so not having 4G is a bummer but not a real world problem.

I would NOT have signed back up if their 3G was the way it used to be.

Just curious but what speeds are you seeing on the improved 3g?

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just curious but what speeds are you seeing on the improved 3g?

Generally speaking, 1800kbps. It's not braggable but it's what I was getting before the suckdown. I've gotten as much as 2200 and that's what Verizon manages here.

They improved the ping though and that's especially helpful. Ping is around 100ms now. It used to be double or triple.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I hit a touch over 2500kbps down on the new 3G if anyone has been curious.

LTE is coming in gradually here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I suspect they're still climbing the towers.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my new phones today. Can't wait to try out the att network here in Detroit. Hopefully I wont be disappointed. Of course anything's better than the 100-200 kbs I have been getting on sprint for the last year or so....... was a long, and mostly good, 12 years with sprint......

Craft. Beer.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my new phones today. Can't wait to try out the att network here in Detroit. Hopefully I wont be disappointed. Of course anything's better than the 100-200 kbs I have been getting on sprint for the last year or so....... was a long, and mostly good, 12 years with sprint......

Craft. Beer.

Yeah that's just intolerable. Let us know how you make out!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Craft. Beer.

I was in a similar situation. I don't remember being as low as 100-200 kbs but they weren't that much better either. I switched from Sprint as well and I must say that I'm happy with the switch :)

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
:-D I think I'm gonna like at&t just fine........
dujy5e7e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving AT&T so far!!

I get great reception and fast data. I'm loving my HOX+ and it's slowly taking over as my media player. I've been listening to all my podcasts on my HOX+ and I just transferred my music to it as well. I think my Galaxy Player is getting sad :p

I had my parents on my Family Plan with Sprint but once they're contract is up (and I have to wait for both of them to be up because I can't get one a new phone and not the other.....lol) I'm going to bring them over to AT&T as well and get a Family Plan.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
To bad my lte coverage here in Chicago KILLS att hahaha and Im cool with this in my BASEMENT HAHA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358709625133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358709625133.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 32