Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Need a way through this...

My wife is in her mom's account with AT&T. My wife has an iPhone 4S. Her mom's line is eligible for upgrade. The HTC One X is free right now at Best Buy. Is there a way to get that phone but not activate it on their account? I wanna SIM unlock that One X and use it on T-Mobile so of course the iPhone has to stay activated. AT&T and Best Buy both said the One X has to be activated and the iPhone will be deactivated. We don't need a smartphone and a data plan on her mom's line. Please help! I want that phone so bad. LOL!

Default Re: Need a way through this...

Quote Originally Posted by ronzkie21 View Post
    My wife is in her mom's account with AT&T. My wife has an iPhone 4S. Her mom's line is eligible for upgrade. The HTC One X is free right now at Best Buy. Is there a way to get that phone but not activate it on their account? I wanna SIM unlock that One X and use it on T-Mobile so of course the iPhone has to stay activated. AT&T and Best Buy both said the One X has to be activated and the iPhone will be deactivated. We don't need a smartphone and a data plan on her mom's line. Please help! I want that phone so bad. LOL!
    No way to get subsidized price without deactivating iPhone. Sorry dude

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I made some calls. AT&T said we can get the phone without activating it. Then T-Mobile said they can activate it without AT&T knowing it.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ronzkie21 View Post
    I made some calls. AT&T said we can get the phone without activating it. Then T-Mobile said they can activate it without AT&T knowing it.
    Corporate stores are able to do delayed activation. Indirect sellers like Best Buy are not. Verizon is the same way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison