Need a way through this...

ronzkie21

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife is in her mom's account with AT&T. My wife has an iPhone 4S. Her mom's line is eligible for upgrade. The HTC One X is free right now at Best Buy. Is there a way to get that phone but not activate it on their account? I wanna SIM unlock that One X and use it on T-Mobile so of course the iPhone has to stay activated. AT&T and Best Buy both said the One X has to be activated and the iPhone will be deactivated. We don't need a smartphone and a data plan on her mom's line. Please help! I want that phone so bad. LOL!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My wife is in her mom's account with AT&T. My wife has an iPhone 4S. Her mom's line is eligible for upgrade. The HTC One X is free right now at Best Buy. Is there a way to get that phone but not activate it on their account? I wanna SIM unlock that One X and use it on T-Mobile so of course the iPhone has to stay activated. AT&T and Best Buy both said the One X has to be activated and the iPhone will be deactivated. We don't need a smartphone and a data plan on her mom's line. Please help! I want that phone so bad. LOL!

No way to get subsidized price without deactivating iPhone. Sorry dude

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ronzkie21

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I made some calls. AT&T said we can get the phone without activating it. Then T-Mobile said they can activate it without AT&T knowing it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I made some calls. AT&T said we can get the phone without activating it. Then T-Mobile said they can activate it without AT&T knowing it.

Corporate stores are able to do delayed activation. Indirect sellers like Best Buy are not. Verizon is the same way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon