Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cguilbeau22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shared Data Plan

Thinking about switching over to the family shared plan and wanted to hear some opinions from some that already have. There's only going to be two smartphones on it neither of which use a lot of data. I should be able to get the 1GB and be fine, we currently have the 300MB plan each and I just went over it the first time last month and that was only by 50MB. The main reason I'm thinking about switching is unlimited messaging. I just switched to android from IOS and I'm using a lot more messaging now that I don't have iMessage. I could get unlimited messaging but if I switch to the shared plan I can keep my bill the same as it is now. Is there anyone who switched to the shared plans that regret it?
    Indyrobb likes this.

Default Re: Shared Data Plan

I switched and don't regret it. The unlimited messaging and minutes is a benefit. Plus if you ever need to make phone a hotspot it's included. I have two phones on mine and we are fine with 4GB. I use less than one and the other uses her 3. For people who use very little mobile data and have almost continuous WiFi access the plans make perfect sense.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

I don't regret it. I held off for a while to think about it but the hotspot piece for all 3 smartphones on my plan make it worth the $10 more than I previously did.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I am hesitant to switch. We currently have 4 phones on our plan but 2 of them are dumbphones, and $30 per dumbphone is way too much in my opinion. $15 maybe, but not $30.
    HTC Inspire 4G - retired
    HTC One X+ (HOX+)

We switched when I got my wife to move over to Android from Blackberry with her new phone. The messaging is nice and for us the 4 GB is perfect.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    --------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went ahead and made the switch, so far so good. I'm really liking the unlimited texting, I don't have to worry about overages anymore.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    I am hesitant to switch. We currently have 4 phones on our plan but 2 of them are dumbphones, and $30 per dumbphone is way too much in my opinion. $15 maybe, but not $30.
    I agree, $30 for a dumb phone is way to much.

My brother and I have shared data plan with at&t my brothet has a basic flip never uses data I have a smartphone and im always going over data within the first five days of new cycle I think at&t sucks

Posted via Android Central App