Verizon has the nation's largest 4G network...

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's because At&t is counting their HSPA+ network as 4G also. To though the tech crowd knows better the average consumer doesn't and At&t uses their marketing strategy to their advantage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
... According to press releases, the companies own statements, independent market researchers, etc.

So why is AT&T still allowed to lie about having the largest 4G network nationwide?

AT&T Binges On LTE Buildout Chasing Verizon - Forbes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Verizon has the largest 4G LTE network. Att has the best back bone for its network though in terms of speed. But to us in the technology crowd KNOW its only 3.5G!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It isn't a lie, just clever marketing with pseudo truths. All companies do this. Fit example, Verizon's share everything plan doesn't share everything, only data. Each individual line in the share everything plan is paying individually for voice and text. Notice their advertising says one pool of sharable data, not one pool of sharable data, voice and texts.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Basically Verizon 4G LTE almost pretty much covers most of there 3G now at least from my experience. Its rear I'm ever on 3G anywhere on the east coast

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It isn't a lie, just clever marketing with pseudo truths. All companies do this. Fit example, Verizon's share everything plan doesn't share everything, only data. Each individual line in the share everything plan is paying individually for voice and text. Notice their advertising says one pool of sharable data, not one pool of sharable data, voice and texts.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

It is a lie.

Saying you have the biggest when you don't is a lie

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
All carries lie that's the norm.
In the States ATT was the first to make HSPA+ Speeds available so for marketing purposes 4G was the call ,A smart move on their part thus they advertise largest 4G coverage
Verizon currently has largest 4G LTE coverage as maps show and their commercials convey.

Seems fair to me everyone wins.

Anyway 4G LTE sounds pretty cool a much better label lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech