How's the current LTE coverage in the Seattle area?
My wife and I are currently on Sprint with our smartphones (EVO 4G LTE for me, iPhone 5 for my wife) and I'm annoyed that I'm paying premium prices for data service while the Seattle area doesn't have current LTE coverage. Sprint seems to be turning on LTE in the smaller towns, but not in major cities like Seattle. I'm considering paying the ETF and switching us to ATT, which seems to have good LTE coverage in Seattle according to the maps I've viewed online. Sprint's unlimited plan is great, but it doesn't seem that great when I have very slow data speeds.
Question: Can anyone report how good the ATT LTE coverage is in the Issaquah/Bellevue/Renton areas?
- 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM #2
Re: How's the current LTE coverage in the Seattle area?
I actually took the plunge and opened a new account with AT&T and got the HTC One. I've only had the phone for 1 day, but it's very nice (the hardware seems like a big improvement over my HTC EVO 4G LTE). The best part, is that I see "4G LTE" lit up on my new phone! I ran the Speedtest app and got 16-20 Mbps download speeds at my house, and up to 40 Mbps while I was shopping at my local grocery store. So, it does seem that AT&T has turned on LTE in my area and the speeds are super fast. This, compared to an average of 0.5 to 1 Mbps Sprint 3G speed (when I can even get 3G). I've got 14 days to decide if I want to keep the phone or return it (with no ETF), but it looks like this is a keeper. So far, very happy with AT&T data speeds and customer service in the Seattle area.
- 04-22-2013, 05:53 AM #4HTC One (ATT GSM)
Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
- By El Poblano in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 42Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
- By msoprano13 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
- By Ky1e.YC in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2010, 01:29 AM
- By fmichigan in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 5Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM
- By NVR2ND in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 26Last Post: 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM