MMS kicks Data on anytime i receive or try to send an MMS message

lboy11

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Some people may enjoy the feature that apparently my HTC Vivid has where it will kick on the data everytime I receive or try and send an MMS even if my WIFI is on, but it is not good for my situation.

I have a very limited data plan and almost primarily use WIFI on my phone and keep the data turned off. I will use the data when needed but pay close attention to when I near my limit and then I always keep the data off from that point.

For almost every application having the data turned off stops any function it attempts to use that requires the data connection but for some reason like I said, my phone will kick on the data and automatically download the picture or video.

I called ATT and they said since its a smart phone that they cannot disable MMS. I tried Mobiwol firewall and it didnt work. I cant edit the APN settings to inhibit the MMS feature. I would keep my phone in airplane mode but I need it to receive calls. Any suggestions???

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
To use MMS, it requires you to use data.

It uses the mobile network you're on to send out picture messages. You cannot use Wi-Fi to send MMS. It does not tax your data plan, if you have unlimited texting, that includes multimedia messaging.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

HandiMandy

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way possible to get around at&t data usage and the block it puts on mms (picture messaging)?
I have a friend with an Atrix 4g who cannot send or receive mms!?!
Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis