Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RenoD2010
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  • 1 Post By natehoy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NH LTE Rollout (update)

For those along the NH coast, I had an LTE signal at the Target in Greenland and someone else I know said they had LTE on the bridge between Newington and Dover. I'm guessing AT&T has or is getting ready to fully light up Portsmouth and the surrounding area. I've had LTE here at the house in Hampton for months but I think it is spill over from NE Massachusetts. Nice to see Big Orange moving deeper into the Granite State.

I am averaging 20-40 Mbps down in most areas. I hit 50 Mbps in Manchester (which also has coverage) back in May. My paid version of CellMaps only shows new coverage as far as North Hampton though. It seems, in regards to NH, AT&T likes to act first and talk later. Price of being a small state I guess.
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: NH LTE Rollout (update)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoD2010 View Post
    For those along the NH coast, I had an LTE signal at the Target in Greenland and someone else I know said they had LTE on the bridge between Newington and Dover. I'm guessing AT&T has or is getting ready to fully light up Portsmouth and the surrounding area. I've had LTE here at the house in Hampton for months but I think it is spill over from NE Massachusetts. Nice to see Big Orange moving deeper into the Granite State.

I am averaging 20-40 Mbps down in most areas. I hit 50 Mbps in Manchester (which also has coverage) back in May. My paid version of CellMaps only shows new coverage as far as North Hampton though. It seems, in regards to NH, AT&T likes to act first and talk later. Price of being a small state I guess.
    Sounds good! I'm currently job hunting for IT positions in NH currently. Still in VT but maybe this will mean Vermont will be getting LTE sometime soon. Thanks for updating us.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    RenoD2010 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

AT&T just expanded LTE in Maine as well. It all went live yesterday.

Previously they only covered Portland and south of it in Southern Maine. Their maps have not been updated yet, but I can confirm signal in Freeport, Brunswick, and Topsham.

Slowly mapping it on Sensorly
    Last edited by natehoy; 09-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    Thanked by:
    RenoD2010 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Side note: Drove up toward Augusta just a few miles from the Interstate yesterday, and got a combination of HSPA+, EDGE, and a rather upsetting amount of "no signal" even in decent-sized towns just a few miles from I-95.

A part of me really wishes AT&T would concentrate on expanding HSPA+ coverage (which is as good as LTE for most practical mobile purposes) rather than adding LTE in areas that already had decent HSPA+ coverage.