Switching from Sprint maybe?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint currently in an LTE area, 2 lines 1500 minutes, unlimited data, messaging, mobile to whatever mobile is about 160 a month or so. But my boyfriend went into AT&T and they're trying to talk him into having us switch to them. It would be a no brainer if they had unlimited data, but they don't. The whole reason he wants to switch is because he would get better service at work (he works where I think only AT&T has coverage...VZW even has crappy coverage there). We would probably get better 3g speeds...maybe. According to their map, I live in a best coverage area. But TMo said the same thing and they lied lol. Does anyone know how coverage is in 46767 or 46571? And how much data do you really use? I've never had to keep track, and now with Sprint having LTE almost every where I go (except where he works) I don't really use WiFi anymore cuz their LTE is faster than WiFi at most places. I don't know, I'm just looking for some input :) And if we did switch to AT&T I'm looking at the HTC 8x, it just looks cool. I currently have the HTC One and he has the iPhone 5. Views on the 8x?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to switch to AT&T is well. I'm going HTC One I think they see one is better than the HTC 8x because of Android. I think you guys will be better with AT&T I hardly use I heard me bites on Sprint I'm in the la metro area and there's not that much of much LLC around I have I have fast internet at home so I'm mostly on wifi all day. I would say that you use is Rick Ross's same so depending on how much you using I would just monitor it on Sprint. To see how much data you use on lte it will most likely be the same on AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to switch to AT&T is well. I'm going HTC One I think they see one is better than the HTC 8x because of Android. I think you guys will be better with AT&T I hardly use I heard me bites on Sprint I'm in the la metro area and there's not that much of much LLC around I have I have fast internet at home so I'm mostly on wifi all day. I would say that you use is Rick Ross's same so depending on how much you using I would just monitor it on Sprint. To see how much data you use on lte it will most likely be the same on AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

If you use less than 3 gigs of data per month then it will run you about $90.00 per month with unlimited messaging and 450 minutes.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Combined, we use anywhere from 3-4 gb each month. I'm thinking the switch will provide better all around service, but I don't know if it is worth paying the ETFs for 2 lines (which would be covered by selling our phones on Craigslist or something). That and I've never had to deal with that so I don't know the process of porting a number over, etc. But I'm sure between Sprint and AT&T we would get it figured out lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Combined, we use anywhere from 3-4 gb each month. I'm thinking the switch will provide better all around service, but I don't know if it is worth paying the ETFs for 2 lines (which would be covered by selling our phones on Craigslist or something). That and I've never had to deal with that so I don't know the process of porting a number over, etc. But I'm sure between Sprint and AT&T we would get it figured out lol.

It's easy. You go to a ATT store and say you want to sign up. You go through that process with the rep and you also let him know at the start you want to port your numbers from Sprint.. They will port them over and that auto cancels your Sprint account since your number left.

When I went from ATT to Sprint I did this.. Just walked into Sprint and they ported it over and set me up. I called ATT the next day and they confirmed for me that my account was canceled and the last bill will have the ETF in it.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
So, they just add the EFTs onto your final bill then? I was trying to get onto Sprint's website to chat with them to see how it would work, but their website or my internet is acting funky. I haven't figured out which it is yet lol. How is your Sprint service compared to ATT?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So, they just add the EFTs onto your final bill then? I was trying to get onto Sprint's website to chat with them to see how it would work, but their website or my internet is acting funky. I haven't figured out which it is yet lol. How is your Sprint service compared to ATT?

Yeah they will just auto add the ETF to that final bill.

As for me it's good.. But I am in a market where LTE is rolling out so it helps cope with the times I am stuck with 3g.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

If you are selling your Sprint phones just make sure you have paid the final bill first. With Sprint/Verizon they are on CDMA which means when you activate one of their devices you have to give them the esn(electronic serial number) of that device and they put your number on that device vs gsm where you can just pop your Sim card in and go. The problem is, if you sell your Sprint phones before your account is closed and the final bill is paid in full, the person you sell them to will not be able you activate them as the esn's will still be tied to your account. There is a way around this but it would only work if you have an old Sprint phone.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad