Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Default Can I bring my own device to the $60 GoPhone plan and do it in-store?

I have the HTC One developer edition and I'm thinking of switching from T-Mobile's $30 plan because I have found I need the extra minutes and actual 4G coverage. Getting T-Mobile to admit their $30 plan even existed was a pain in the ***. Will switching to the GoPhone plan be a hassle or can I just talk to a rep in person, hand them my phone, and get switched over?

Default Re: Can I bring my own device to the $60 GoPhone plan and do it in-store?

Head to your AT&T Store and see if they can hook you up with their GoPhone SIM Card....worst case scenario, you have to buy a 30 dollar cheap GoPhone and use the SIM Card that comes with the GoPhone in your HTC One and activate it using the instructions in that come with it.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Default Re: Can I bring my own device to the $60 GoPhone plan and do it in-store?

Quote Originally Posted by I747 View Post
    Head to your AT&T Store and see if they can hook you up with their GoPhone SIM Card....worst case scenario, you have to buy a 30 dollar cheap GoPhone and use the SIM Card that comes with the GoPhone in your HTC One and activate it using the instructions in that come with it.
    Thanks!
    Can I activate the plan right from the SIM card?

Quote Originally Posted by KineticMD View Post
    Thanks!
    Can I activate the plan right from the SIM card?
    Yes, when I used GoPhone I didn't even go to the store. There is an activation instruction booklet that tells you to dial certain numbers for certain plans once you put the SIM Card in the phone you use it in.

Sent from a Rooted Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

I just did this last week in-store. I switched from T-Mobile $30 plan to go-phone $60 plan. They just installed the AT&T SIM right there. The only "gotcha" was that in order to continue getting the $60 rate I was told I'd have to walk into an AT&T store and pay monthly using the kiosk. Setting up auto pay (like from your checking account, etc) sets the rate at $65.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Wow, auto pay costs $5 extra? Is that just tax?

I think it's just a fee and I'm not clear on why. Is there an added cost to AT&T for not using their kiosk that they are passing on? Haven't found out yet. When I first asked about tax and fees on the $60 they said there were none (already baked in I imagine) and $60 was the final cost. When I was going trough the auto pay process on the CR's tablet, that's when I saw the $65 and questioned it, but at the store I could not get an answer as to why... just that using the kiosk results in the $60.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

I'm switched over entirely, but I'm not getting any 4G (central Ohio, tons of service in this area) be it HSPA+ or LTE. Does it take a while to kick in? I made sure my LTE radio was on.

I'm not in an LTE area (and also on a Nexus 4), but try searching for threads like this: HTC One: Developer Edition LTE signal strength weak on AT&T

Could be your APN needs modification for LTE. Good Luck!

Thanked by:

would like to hear more on this getting ready to purchase a Google ed One ,
    don't want to hear any BS from att when I ask about the plan .

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 V7.1.0-RC1

i did with my og note. you will be fine
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrip View Post
    would like to hear more on this getting ready to purchase a Google ed One ,
    don't want to hear any BS from att when I ask about the plan .
    You absolutely can bring your Google One to AT&T and still get access to LTE on the $60 GoPhone plan. The tried to BS me but I kept on them about it. What you'll have to do though is copy down the IEMI number of any LTE capable AT&T phone and tell your rep to use it on your account. Otherwise, AT&T's network won't be able to recognize your unlocked phone as a 4G device. It took a lot of calls to customer service to figure this out, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by tcamca View Post
    I just did this last week in-store. I switched from T-Mobile $30 plan to go-phone $60 plan. They just installed the AT&T SIM right there. The only "gotcha" was that in order to continue getting the $60 rate I was told I'd have to walk into an AT&T store and pay monthly using the kiosk. Setting up auto pay (like from your checking account, etc) sets the rate at $65.

Not sure why it would be $65. My $60 unlimited plan just renewed itself last
    night. Only $60 was billed to my AmEx. (just like the previous two months)
    Of course, I used my gradpa's address in Delaware.

Or you can just buy $60 refill cards online for less than $60. (usually around $57)
    but that means you'll have to manually enter the refill card# and pin every month.
    Thanked by:
    tcamca 

How does this work if you want more than 2gb of data?

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. My renewal came up and it is $60. At the time I did this the $65 plan was just changed to the $60 plan and their signup form wasn't changed yet and that caught my attention...so yes it's $60. I pay $64.87 (local tax included) for my autopay.

I have the $60 plan and my renewal is $60.50 every month

Can u get more than 2gb of data? Do they charge the normal $10 per GB for an overage?

Posted via Android Central App

Once you use your 2GB of data They give you an option to buy more $10 for 1GB If you have set your account up with a credit card

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Can u get more than 2gb of data? Do they charge the normal $10 per GB for an overage?

Posted via Android Central App
    With a credit card payment option yes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That seems to be the issue here. Unlimited data is needed but if Tmobile's service sucks by you, you are screwed. Just made the switch and while I love At&t, 135 a month and still going over their 5 GB plan and switching to an OK T-Mobile unlimited plan for 70 was a no brainer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    Once you use your 2GB of data They give you an option to buy more $10 for 1GB If you have set your account up with a credit card

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    With a credit card payment option yes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Is there any sort of option that you are only charged the additional $10 for 1GB if you accidentally go over your allotment? Or does one have to manually pay the additional $10 prior to exceeding the 2GB?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Is there any sort of option that you are only charged the additional $10 for 1GB if you accidentally go over your allotment? Or does one have to manually pay the additional $10 prior to exceeding the 2GB?
    I have it set up to only charge me once I go over 2GB So it shouldn't charge you unless you go over

Thanked by: