I currently have Sprint () and am thinking of switching over to AT&T. If I purchase a phone, like a Galaxy S4 or Moto X and later on decide I want a Nexus 4 (or 5), will I be able to simply buy the Nexus from Google Plan and pop my SIM card from my existing phone into the Nexus? Does AT&T care about the phone I am using? I have never had a GSM carrier so SIM's, unlocking the phone (which I think is different than unlocking the boot loader for rooting), etc are new to me.
- 08-23-2013, 10:05 PM #2
Re: Swapping phones
Yes, unlocking the phone is different than unlocking the bootloader, and yes you'll be able top pop in your SIM in a Nexus/any GSM phone. You might have to change your APN for HSPA+ speeds though. You can look here/XDA for that.
- 08-23-2013, 11:23 PM #3
- By rockstar8577 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 11-28-2013, 11:01 AM
- By TheyStoleMyName in forum LG Optimus G ProReplies: 101Last Post: 11-05-2013, 02:15 AM
- By bandityo in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:30 PM
- By Joshua Pack in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM
- By dannyro77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2013, 04:55 PM