- 134 Posts
- Stock on both for now.
AT&T GoPhone tethering
We're finally leaving Sprint. I've decided to go with AT&T (Frederick MD area) and am intrigued with the GoPhone plan. I notices that with the Family Plans that tethering is included, but can't really get a straight answer about whether that applies to the GoPhone plan. We only tether once or twice a year so it's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice. Can anyone give me an answer based on experience?
- 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM #2
- 10-12-2013, 07:05 AM #3
- 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM #4
HTC One (ATT GSM)
- 2,442 Posts
- None Yet...
Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
- 10-18-2013, 02:22 PM #5
- 1,518 Posts
Re: AT&T GoPhone tethering
From what I understand:
1. "Official" Tethering comes with any metered data plan of 5GB or more.
2. Only AT&T-firmware phones respect this "official" policy. A custom-ROM phone or non-AT&T phone that supports GSM and works with AT&T should do just fine with tethering with a 2GB or 3GB plan. Probably unlimited, too, but use a lot of bandwidth and #3 will probably end up applying.
3. #2 is technically a violation of the terms of service, and even though it's unlikely they'd catch you, if you're going to do a GoPhone don't pay a lot of months of service in advance. If they catch you, they'll terminate the account. If you're on grandfathered unlimited, you're risking that unlimited. Your call.
- By wizzrah in forum AT&T ATRIX 2Replies: 7Last Post: 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
- By CANE8081 in forum Moto XReplies: 11Last Post: 10-29-2013, 07:43 AM
- By peakpeak in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:40 AM
- By epicness4G in forum VerizonReplies: 6Last Post: 09-28-2013, 08:26 PM
- By cgeorgalos in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2013, 09:41 AM