Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Completely torn - htc one, moto x, or galaxy s4

I have an upgrade and I am completely torn. Obviously every device has their pros and cons. I'm a big fan of cyanogenmod which isn't available for the moto x and on latest firmware for s4 bootloader prevents installation, I'm just curious what devices you guys would recommend based off your experiences?

Default Re: Completely torn - htc one, moto x, or galaxy s4

Love love love my One

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Gs4 great phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Those of you that offer their suggestions (which I VERY much appreciate), perhaps it might also help stating what about it or why you love the phone?

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

I own both the one and the s4 and you can't go wrong with either, it just depends if your willing to deal with a worse camera and smaller battery to get a MUCH better screen and build materials so now slimy plastic. Also a much better UI that's always smooth. But both are a fantastic android experience it's just personal preference. Go to a local store and play with them side by side, it's the only way you'll be able to make the right decision.

For me I always go with my one, it's probably my favorite device I've ever owned and believe me I've had an extremely unhealthy amount of phones lol

-Verizon HTC ONE-
    I'm a superuser

Tough decision. The x is the best overall experience. That being said, if you are into development and want to flash ROMs the ONE is your best option. I have the Moto X and love it but I missed flashing ROMs and such so I picked up an HTC one on craigslist for a steal. I've converted it to a Google play edition so I can run fully supported stock android and will get software updates right behind the nexus devices.

I'd say it's a coin flip between the moto x and the one.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

So far it looks like the HTC One is the most popular...who else would like to add their $0.02?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Feel free to offer suggestions too I am staying with AT&T so keep that in mind...I'm seriously tempted by the note 3 also

Global Posts
    5,529 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Note 3 or Moto X for sure. HTC One is good but the camera isn't as good as the others. No reason to get the S4 if you like the Note 3 unless money is an issue

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by drache713 View Post
    Feel free to offer suggestions too I am staying with AT&T so keep that in mind...I'm seriously tempted by the note 3 also
    Oh note 3 for Sure then, I would probably take it over the one
    I'm a superuser
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Note 3 or Moto X for sure. HTC One is good but the camera isn't as good as the others. No reason to get the S4 if you like the Note 3 unless money is an issue

Posted via Android Central App
    Actually I find the HTC one camera better than the Moto X in most situations. Even with the new update.

I own all three devices. Currently on my Moto x. I like them all for different reasons.

HTC one - amazing build quality. Insanely great display that has a record breaking 468ppi. Combine that with the dual front facing stereo speakers and you have the best media consumption phone on the market. Super snappy. Sense is nice and you can also run vanilla android on it. Very easy to unlock the boot loader and install custom Roms and kernels. True colors on the super lcd3 display.

Moto X - great size. Insane battery (6 hours of screen time throughout the day) or 4 hours or two days. Unique innovative features. Mainly the active display/active notifications and touch less control features. There are two cores dedicated to these functions; contextual computing and gesture recognition as sell as natural language processing and voice recognition. Serious software optimizations going on here. Runs as smooth and even smoother than most quad core phones.

S4 - mine is the GPE running stock android. This is my least favorite out of these three. The super amoled display is super saturated, almost to a fault. I prefer a more true color pallet such as that on the HTC one display. This device has the largest display of the there. I'd put this as number three out of these three devices.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

IF it was me and I had to do it all over again....I'd still get the HTC One.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    ne0ne likes this.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Yeah and if you need a good camera I wouldn't really consider the moto x. the one isn't that great either but once you lean how to shoot with it it's pretty amazing
    I'm a superuser
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Sounds like all great suggestions/feedback, I think I still got a lot of thinking to do ahead of me lol.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Sounds like all great suggestions/feedback, I think I still got a lot of thinking to do ahead of me lol.
    I would really take my time if I was you! I mean each phone is different and can offer different experiences depending on your needs. Good thing is we got a community with a voice here to give you an idea. I'd suggest going to an att store and playing with them for your self to see what you think of each one. Plus its a good idea to get a handle on the weight, size and feel of how it fits in the hand! You can have the best hardware in the world but if it sucks holding it or looking at certain kinds of screens then it can make your experience pretty much worthless.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Wow Wtf no loven for LG G2. Oh my god it spanks every one of your choices. Awesome Battery, awesome screen, bad azzzz camera great customizing. And most current specs.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Wow Wtf no loven for LG G2. Oh my god it spanks every one of your choices. Awesome Battery, awesome screen, bad azzzz camera great customizing. And most current specs.

Or the Note 3. But he may not want that expensive of a phone... Or as big.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post

This is why we have choices with Android! Whats a perfect phone for you and I may not be for someone else. However the LG G2 is a good device from what I hear. Glad you like it! For me this year the HTC One was the perfect device and still is for a few more months any how.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)

ROM
    Stock

So far it looks like the HTC One is the most popular...who else would like to add their $0.02?
    None of the above. It's a bit larger (so if the Note is up your alley, you'll LOVE this), but I'm currently sporting the LG Optimus G Pro.

8-core Snapdragon 600, tons of RAM and memory, SD slot, replaceable 3100mAh battery, 13mpix camera, it's a BEAST of a phone.

5.5" screen that is about the boldest, brightest, most beautiful thing you ever saw.

$100 on contract.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You really need to use the devices and see which fits your needs - form, function, etc. Personally, the Moto X is a great phone that should be at the top of the list. Let us know what you decide on using.

My vote is for the Moto X.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    None of the above. It's a bit larger (so if the Note is up your alley, you'll LOVE this), but I'm currently sporting the LG Optimus G Pro.

8-core Snapdragon 600, tons of RAM and memory, SD slot, replaceable 3100mAh battery, 13mpix camera, it's a BEAST of a phone.

5.5" screen that is about the boldest, brightest, most beautiful thing you ever saw.

$100 on contract.
    based on past experience with all the brands , I would go : first, htc. second, lg. third, moto. last, Sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    Actually I find the HTC one camera better than the Moto X in most situations. Even with the new update.

I own all three devices. Currently on my Moto x. I like them all for different reasons.

HTC one - amazing build quality. Insanely great display that has a record breaking 468ppi. Combine that with the dual front facing stereo speakers and you have the best media consumption phone on the market. Super snappy. Sense is nice and you can also run vanilla android on it. Very easy to unlock the boot loader and install custom Roms and kernels. True colors on the super lcd3 display.

Moto X - great size. Insane battery (6 hours of screen time throughout the day) or 4 hours or two days. Unique innovative features. Mainly the active display/active notifications and touch less control features. There are two cores dedicated to these functions; contextual computing and gesture recognition as sell as natural language processing and voice recognition. Serious software optimizations going on here. Runs as smooth and even smoother than most quad core phones.

S4 - mine is the GPE running stock android. This is my least favorite out of these three. The super amoled display is super saturated, almost to a fault. I prefer a more true color pallet such as that on the HTC one display. This device has the largest display of the there. I'd put this as number three out of these three devices.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    I based my picks on the brand itself. however, I would agree with you , slotting the LG 2 or LG Pro between HTC and Moto.

My personal experience: One has way better call quality, and radio stability than S4. Sense is way more mature UI than touch wiz. One performs much smoother and faster. Boom sound is a huge plus.
    S4 has slightly better battery life, SD expansion.
    I would go with One over any phone currently on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,529 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    My personal experience: One has way better call quality, and radio stability than S4. Sense is way more mature UI than touch wiz. One performs much smoother and faster. Boom sound is a huge plus.
    S4 has slightly better battery life, SD expansion.
    I would go with One over any phone currently on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Slightly better battery? Doubt I would've gotten anywhere near this had I chosen the One over the S4
    Completely torn - htc one, moto x, or galaxy s4-screenshot_2013-10-23-18-18-22.png
    Completely torn - htc one, moto x, or galaxy s4-screenshot_2013-10-23-18-18-25.png
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast