Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By pseudoware
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any changes on our bill after a contract ends?

My wife & I are on a FamilyTalk plan. We each have non-shared, unlimited data. When a contract on one of our lines ends, should anything in our monthly bill change? Is there a subsidy or any other fees taken on with the contract for which we should no longer be billed as a result of the contract ending? Should I call AT&T on anything?

Would anything else change when going from contact to monthly? Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    7,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Any changes on our bill after a contract ends?

No, you shouldn't see any changes as a result of the contract ending.
    21stNow likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure AT&T won't just hand me money at the end of a contract, but is there a possible adjustment I can have done by calling them?

I've seen people posting that all or part of the subsidized cost of a phone is somehow rolled into or hidden in the monthly payments for the duration of a contract. If that's the case, customers s/b entitled to some sort of adjustment when the contract is up.

Hopefully someone making these claims can chime in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I absolutely agree with you on that. I am sick and tired of large telecom companies gouging customers.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    7,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure AT&T won't just hand me money at the end of a contract, but is there a possible adjustment I can have done by calling them?

I've seen people posting that all or part of the subsidized cost of a phone is somehow rolled into or hidden in the monthly payments for the duration of a contract. If that's the case, customers s/b entitled to some sort of adjustment when the contract is up.

Hopefully someone making these claims can chime in.

I understand, but AT&T doesn't currently do that. T-Mobile did lower their rates and charging for devices separately, but Verizon and AT&T's response was both to allow people to pay more for their devices without lowering the rates for service.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm thinking something can possibly be negotiated, especially for long time customers.

A long time but off-contract subscriber posted here that he turned down free and "discounted" phones if he signed a contract. Instead, he was able to negotiate a $240 credit in exchange for a new two-year commitment. Granted, it's not the same situation, and he ended up with a new contract, but I think it's worth it to scrutinize and ask the question.

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    7,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    I'm thinking something can possibly be negotiated, especially for long time customers.

A long time but off-contract subscriber posted here that he turned down free and "discounted" phones if he signed a contract. Instead, he was able to negotiate a $240 credit in exchange for a new two-year commitment. Granted, it's not the same situation, and he ended up with a new contract, but I think it's worth it to scrutinize and ask the question.

Interesting. Much more profit in waiting for a $99 iPhone 5s sale and then ebaying it for $750 That ought to be the standard AT&T upgrade path. Buy iPhone with contract subsidy for dirt cheap, ebay it, buy a new Nexus 5, pocket $100-$300 extra (depending on ebay sale price) lol.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah, he said the CS person even suggested he could flip the new phone, but I guess the customer wasn't interested in dealing with that.