Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Can't send text messages

call your provider tell them they will give you a service center number to put into your phone.Click on messages click your information button click on sms service center and enter the number your provider gave you click ok . Thats it should work now.

for everyone with this issue you have to put a "+" before the number

I can recieve but can't send

I can receive but cant send

Yep ... worked for me, too. It's the same number as voicemail ... kinda makes sense.

Hi. I might be able to offer some help. My HTC Windows Phone stopped sending texts soon after I purchased it. I was in VERIZON today and they thought by deleting txt messages and getting a NEW Sim card would resolve the issue. They were entirely not helpful. Ten minutes the phone still does not let me text. Hence, I called Verizon and spoke to Tech Support. Apparently, some of the HTC batch had some incompatibles with Verizon. Verizon needs to push down a fix to the program. Meaning, they have to fix software issues over the network. Call them and have two phones. PS. Your not imagining it. They screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitha Ramesh View Post
    i can receive messages. i can call and receive calls. but i am not able to send messages. it is coming as the messages not sent

- - - Updated - - -

same here

my note 3 cant send sms hour ago but i can receive calls and text..i jusy simple factory reset and uncheck unncessary sms settings.after that i open my mobile data for 15mins.it works

The link for above were very useful but, l but I cannot seem to find the number for Canada's Bell Mobility. Cannot find a number anywhere.So confused Toronto Ontario over here

Quote Originally Posted by Smitha Ramesh View Post
    i can receive messages. i can call and receive calls. but i am not able to send messages. it is coming as the messages not sent

- - - Updated - - -

same here

Well you can try disabling and then re enabling the messaging app

i'am using SGH-A867 ..it always failed to send message when the sms characters are too short.. i've tried Texting longer message and it sends normally..

its works fine to me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by labspaz View Post
    To fix it, go to messaging > settings > message center > change the number to +13123149810.

Haha perfect, thanks it really worked !

The Message Centre Number is responsible for the delivery of an SMS message sent from a Mobile Service. If the Message Centre number is not set correctly then the SMS can not be routed correctly and it will not be delivered to its destination. The Message Centre Number does not affect you receiving an SMS.

Text messaging should be ready to go on a Mobile service as soon as the phone is set-up. However, should you not be able to SEND an SMS but you can use all other services you may want to check that the Messaging Centre number is stored correctly.

Where the number is stored is dependent on the model of phone the customer is using. It's usually stored within your Message Settings menu.

Each Mobile Network holds it's own Message Centre,
    TalkTalk's is as below:

TalkTalk Mobile Message Centre Number +447785011324

I have the same problem as you. I can recieve messages but i cant send messages. When I try to send a message it says unable to send message. What do i do??

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlassy View Post
    I have tried to remove the battery and SIM card. No luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    It's a Samsung galaxy as 5

I can't send texts messages from my Bush 5 inch Android but was able to earlier today can you help plz xx

Posted via the Android Central App

I have an S3 and I can't send text message s...

How do you do that? I have a galaxy S3

Can't even send if i'll regester to any promo, so what went wrong? Was it because of the mobile or in sim card alone. But any sim card cudn't regester though.. i can regester but i need to insert to other mobile phone so the message could send. Pls help

I just recently got my new line with virgin Mobile and when I send my texts they say it has been failed

I am using asus zenphone 2 laser i am unable to send a text message.

I had the same problem. I restarted my phone and can now send texts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast