AT&T - Upgrading to New Phone at Walmart with a Legacy Plan. Advice Needed

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Parents are planning to upgrade to new phones in the near future. Normally, I am a big believer in upgrading online, since it takes the sales reps/store out of the equation. However, I told my mom she may as well wait a week until Black Friday and take advantage of the incentives that stores will be offering.

In particular, they are both considering the Iphone 5s, so they may go to Walmart to get the $75 Gift Card + $10 off the phone. Has anyone had any experiences upgrading at Walmart with legacy plans?

They both have unlimited data with the Iphone 3, and, even though they don't use a lot of data, would like to keep their existing plan.

I know AT&T won't have a problem with it, but should we be concerned about doing it at a 3rd Party?

She is also thinking about the 32 GB one, so I don't know if or how many Walmart would have in stock.

The ideal situation would be if they could upgrade at AT&T and get an $85 credit on their bill per line. It would avoid the lines and the hassle, or get Sam's Club to price match, since they are less chaotic than Walmart on Black Fridays.

Is the cell phone division at Sam's Club run by Sam's Club employees, or a 3rd Party, like Costco?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Parents are planning to upgrade to new phones in the near future. Normally, I am a big believer in upgrading online, since it takes the sales reps/store out of the equation. However, I told my mom she may as well wait a week until Black Friday and take advantage of the incentives that stores will be offering.

In particular, they are both considering the Iphone 5s, so they may go to Walmart to get the $75 Gift Card + $10 off the phone. Has anyone had any experiences upgrading at Walmart with legacy plans?

They both have unlimited data with the Iphone 3, and, even though they don't use a lot of data, would like to keep their existing plan.

I know AT&T won't have a problem with it, but should we be concerned about doing it at a 3rd Party?

She is also thinking about the 32 GB one, so I don't know if or how many Walmart would have in stock.

The ideal situation would be if they could upgrade at AT&T and get an $85 credit on their bill per line. It would avoid the lines and the hassle, or get Sam's Club to price match, since they are less chaotic than Walmart on Black Fridays.

Is the cell phone division at Sam's Club run by Sam's Club employees, or a 3rd Party, like Costco?

Sams club employees ran the kiosk before , but i think they are Radio Shack run now. 3rd parties will most likely have options on their computer while they upgrade your parents, if the option to keep the old unlimited data is not there they can call AT&T for you.

I'm gonna go with they won't get to keep the unlimited data though, especially since 3rd parties make money based on the upgraded packages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy