Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default Using a Verizon iPhone 5 with ATT (after signing up a for a new contract and Android phone)

I switched from ATT to Verzion a couple of years ago and, after moving into a new house, I'm finding my Verizon service is crap and I'm ready to move back to ATT.

I currently have a (Verizon) iPhone 5.

I am thinking of taking the opportunity to sign up for a new ATT account and trying out an Android phone. (I'm a gadget nut, so enjoy playing with new things).

I understand that my Verizon iPhone is "unlocked" and will work with ATTs cellular bands. I'm a little unclear about the data side of things. Some people/sources say the Verizon phone can't connect with ATT's LTE network, but will work with 4G-HSPA+ (which is slower); elsewhere people say that 4G-HSPA+ is equivalent to LTE.

Anyway - on to my main question. If I sign up with a new ATT plan and get an Android phone, will I be able to switch back and forth (by swapping out SIM cards) between the Android and the old iPhone? (I understand I can only use one phone at a time!)

Thanks!
    tgp

Global Posts
    2,879 Global Posts

Default Re: Using a Verizon iPhone 5 with ATT (after signing up a for a new contract and Android phone)

I was using a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T, and I had HSPA+ service, but not LTE. You can certainly switch an AT&T SIM card between phones. I did it all the time. However, if your new Android doesn't use a nano SIM you will need an adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Using a Verizon iPhone 5 with ATT (after signing up a for a new contract and Android phone)

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    I was using a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T, and I had HSPA+ service, but not LTE. You can certainly switch an AT&T SIM card between phones. I did it all the time. However, if your new Android doesn't use a nano SIM you will need an adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    What tgp says. You can get a sim tray to fit all phones for less than $5 on amazon though if you do not want a new sim card. Then you will be all set!

This is correct... the New IPHONE 5 S and C in the united states, support both VERIZON, ATT & TMOBILE in a single device....... the IPHONE 5S and C in the united states is supposed to support CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE for Verizon, tmobile and ATT in a single device.....However, VERIZON made it very clear, that it DID NOT want its IPHONE 5S to be able to use ATT's LTE NETWORK!!! IF you got an IPHONE from TMOBILE or ATT... You could use Voice, and 4G LTE Data with that phone on either ATT, TMOBILE or Verizon... However, VERIZON is holding out... and has the ATT LTE Band BLOCKED or Eliminated from its IPHONES..... Hense why you are only getting HSPA+ on your Verizon IPHONE With ATT

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    This is correct... the New IPHONE 5 S and C in the united states, support both VERIZON, ATT & TMOBILE in a single device....... the IPHONE 5S and C in the united states is supposed to support CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE for Verizon, tmobile and ATT in a single device.....However, VERIZON made it very clear, that it DID NOT want its IPHONE 5S to be able to use ATT's LTE NETWORK!!! IF you got an IPHONE from TMOBILE or ATT... You could use Voice, and 4G LTE Data with that phone on either ATT, TMOBILE or Verizon... However, VERIZON is holding out... and has the ATT LTE Band BLOCKED or Eliminated from its IPHONES..... Hense why you are only getting HSPA+ on your Verizon IPHONE With ATT
    Wrong. I have a Verizon 5s on ATT and getting LTE.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Wrong. I have a Verizon 5s on ATT and getting LTE.

Just wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even remember posting this... You are all correct.. My Info was wrong...

#Feelingconfused

lol