1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Go Phone vs Mobile Share Value Plans

From my research, Go Phone (2 gigs of data) is $60 / month. The same amount of data for a Mobile Share Value plan is $85 / month. So, what other services are included in the Mobile Share Value plan?

With a Go Phone plan, can you use data roaming? Tether? Use conditional call forwarding?

Why would I pay $25 more for the Mobile Share Value plan for the (apparent) same level of service as the Go Phone plan?

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Default Re: Go Phone vs Mobile Share Value Plans

The same amount of data on the Mobile Share plan is actually $80, assuming you bring your own phone. $55 for 2GB of data, plus $25 device access. I'm unsure if the plan offers roaming though. But I do think the mobile share plans are meant for more than one device per plan.

While you are at it, if you want the AT&T network and can do without roaming, why not consider Straight Talk's $45 a month plan, which includes 2.5 gigs of LTE data?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    The same amount of data on the Mobile Share plan is actually $80, assuming you bring your own phone. $55 for 2GB of data, plus $25 device access. I'm unsure if the plan offers roaming though. But I do think the mobile share plans are meant for more than one device per plan.

While you are at it, if you want the AT&T network and can do without roaming, why not consider Straight Talk's $45 a month plan, which includes 2.5 gigs of LTE data?
    I will look at Straight Talk. However, I like the option if I go over my data allotment I can pay for more, not be cut off until my next billing cycle. Also, not sure if conditional call forwarding works with Straight Talk. I use Google Voice for my voice mail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The mobile share plans suit 2 lines or more better. After checking and using my corporate discount the att 2 line mobile share plan is only about $9 more than my 2 line account with tmobile.
    The cell phone market makes it expensive for single line users.
    Although straight talk is nice if you constantly go over 2gb of data it does not work very well.

Posted via Android Central App