Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sponsored Data Plans

What do you think of AT&T's announced Sponsored Data Plans?

I personally don't approve as these plans serve to hamper innovation and make increasingly difficult for small application developers to create data intensive applications.

I also created a petition to try and put a stop to policies like this. http://wh.gov/lX5yx

Whether you do or don't agree, let me know what you think and why.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    yfan 

Default Re: Sponsored Data Plans

I don't like it. I'd rather better data plans for the cash versus having to use a service since it's "sponsored".

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

Thank you for the petition. I have signed it and tweeted it... I have a good amount of twitter following (~3000), so hopefully you get some signatures. I also wrote an article on this for a site I manage, but it's a political site, and I won't link it here.

Sorry, out of the loop... What are sponsored data plans?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Means Companies or Products can pay to have their Content NOT COUNT toward your data allowance...

however, what that means, is, you will be still be paying the same amount for data, even though a lot of the content you see, might also have been paid for by its respective company and it wont count toward your data....
    So you will be paying for 4 gigs of data and come a year from now, most of it will be FREE DATA anyway.... You just paid up the A** for barely using any "Non Free" Data....

http://www.webpronews.com/what-will-...mobile-2014-01AT&T Introduces Sponsored Data for Mobile Data Subscribers and Businesses | AT&T

"Though it was easy to miss among the flood of CES coverage this week, AT&T has announced a plan to capture new revenue from its data network. Called “Sponsored Data,” the plan would see AT&T charging mobile content providers for AT&T subscribers’ data usage. In other words, Netflix or Facebook could pay AT&T for its customers to access their mobile services without it counting against their monthly data caps."