Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I am switching from Sprint at the end of this month to either AT&T or Tmobile. Right now I have an HTC One which I love, but will have to sell. What's a good phone on either network, or is there an advantage to either network when it comes to phone availability? I'm drawn to AT&T because of the newly announced Asus Padfone X. Since I'm switching at the end of January I'm at a strange time for new phones which will start coming out in April/May and then September. So since I have to get a new phone, what would be a good suggestion for a phone that I'll be stuck with for 12-18 months or a few months until I can buy a new phone outright.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Were you looking to stay under a certain price? I believe T-Mobile has a lot of phones for $0 down right now. I'd recommend either another HTC One, the Moto X or a Note 3. Those phones are very different but some of the best available at the moment, if you can't wait until the next flagships are released

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Price isn't a big deal. I have an HTC One on Sprint right now and I do enjoy it. I just feel a bit ridiculous selling my HTC One for another HTC One. I'd also have to really be convinced on Samsung Note 3 .. I know it's a good phone but I had so many issues with my Galaxy S2 I lost all hope in Samsung. I was also seriously looking at the LG G2, so unless I can be convinced it's between another HTC One and the G2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Price isn't a big deal. I have an HTC One on Sprint right now and I do enjoy it. I just feel a bit ridiculous selling my HTC One for another HTC One. I'd also have to really be convinced on Samsung Note 3 .. I know it's a good phone but I had so many issues with my Galaxy S2 I lost all hope in Samsung. I was also seriously looking at the LG G2, so unless I can be convinced it's between another HTC One and the G2

If you go with T-Mobile you could sign up for JUMP! and then you can upgrade every 6 months. You could get an HTC One and then upgrade to the One+ or whatever it's called when it comes out. You might as well do it since the premium insurance is included with it
And for what it's worth, the Note 3 is nothing like the S2. You won't have nearly as many issues with it. As for Samsung, they're still not very good, but neither is LG...

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're sticking to android os then I'd recommend the G2 which is free now or the new Flex which is $300 but not available until February 4th. Too big imo but an alternative to the note 3 you are considering

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Sprint to AT&T about 9 months ago because of Sprint's crummy 3G speeds (and non-existent 4G) in the Seattle area. Since making the switch, I've been loving it the 4G LTE speeds in my area. I've got an HTC One which I also love, and don't have a desire to switch to any other phone.

If you're going with AT&T, I don't see any issue getting another HTC One if you like your current one. I'd also consider the Moto X or the Nexus 5 as they seem to be the best phones available. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma