Finally can leave Afee&fee for their BS throttling

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Who is thinking about switching to the T mobile etf trade in program. I heard you can trade in any phone, working or not. I hope the galaxy s5 comes out in March and the program lasts till then. Suck it Afee&fee :p

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Bye? Anyways I hope you got good Tmo coverage. I have not been throttled at all as of yet but I don't use all that much data either.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bye? Anyways I hope you got good Tmo coverage. I have not been throttled at all as of yet but I don't use all that much data either.

Are you on an unlimited plan? If not you don't get throttled because they just charge you for overages. Unlimited customers get throttled after 5 GB.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool? My lte coverage is awesome. Tmo is good in most places out here but spotty at my house and neighborhood in general so no thanks. Not much of a savings vs my current plan

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool? My lte coverage is awesome. Tmo is good in most places out here but spotty at my house and neighborhood in general so no thanks. Not much of a savings vs my current plan

House can be solved with wifi calling :).

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The main reason i'm leaving afee&fee is because of their throttling. I can go through 5gb in a couple days at work. No wifi at work :(. Then i'll be throttled for over 3 weeks, which is painfull.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

True, then i enter other homes and buildings with no wifi access and i'm screwed as proved by my co workers who travel around the same areas i go. Dang, was hoping to save $30/mo too lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the wifi calling work well? I had a home phone over the internet and it sucked.

Yep. At home I can make / recieve calls.. Texts.. And MMS without issue. Then when I leave it just jumps back to cellular.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I left AT&T today for T-mobile
Tmob Service in my area is great LTE screams fast , 70.00 unlimited everything and no more locked down android bootloaders is a major plus.
Wifi calling works fantastic on my LG G2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to look into that. Thanks

It is different than most of those other wifi ones because you just simply connect to T-Mobile's backhaul directly.. And their backhaul isn't lacking so... It works beautifully :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you on an unlimited plan? If not you don't get throttled because they just charge you for overages. Unlimited customers get throttled after 5 GB.

I am on their unlimited data plan and the few times I went over the 5GB threshold ( I did it on purpose watching youtube videos since I typically only use about 1-2GB a month personally and never got throttled .

Meh it wont work with the Nexus 5 so it is really phone dependent on if it works wifi calling

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
True... But only the nexus and iPhone are the phones that can't.. All others can :).

I have an Nexus 5 and from my past history my reception in my house sucks with T-Mobile and I would have no reason to go to them ( this was back with a 2G phone in 2009 / early 2010 when I left)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an Nexus 5 and from my past history my reception in my house sucks with T-Mobile and I would have no reason to go to them ( this was back with a 2G phone in 2009 / early 2010 when I left)

And that's fine. I was just stating a way to solve it for most people if their house was the only issue. If AT&T works for you keep em.. Carriers are highly dependent on location and a person's needs..
There is no one carrier that is best for everyone :).

But also you obviously do have a reason to got T-Mobile.. Money. As you started a thread in the T-Mobile sections :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
And that's fine. I was just stating a way to solve it for most people if their house was the only issue. If AT&T works for you keep em.. Carriers are highly dependent on location and a person's needs..
There is no one carrier that is best for everyone :).

But also you obviously do have a reason to got T-Mobile.. Money. As you started a thread in the T-Mobile sections :).

When I think about it I might very well take a low mobile share data plane with AT&T or maybe straight talk but eh haven't decided it but AT&T is perfectly fine and even living in NYC I don't see issues with them :p