Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally can leave Afee&fee for their BS throttling

Who is thinking about switching to the T mobile etf trade in program. I heard you can trade in any phone, working or not. I hope the galaxy s5 comes out in March and the program lasts till then. Suck it Afee&fee

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Finally can leave Afee&fee for their BS throttling

Bye? Anyways I hope you got good Tmo coverage. I have not been throttled at all as of yet but I don't use all that much data either.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Bye? Anyways I hope you got good Tmo coverage. I have not been throttled at all as of yet but I don't use all that much data either.
    Are you on an unlimited plan? If not you don't get throttled because they just charge you for overages. Unlimited customers get throttled after 5 GB.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Cool? My lte coverage is awesome. Tmo is good in most places out here but spotty at my house and neighborhood in general so no thanks. Not much of a savings vs my current plan

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Cool? My lte coverage is awesome. Tmo is good in most places out here but spotty at my house and neighborhood in general so no thanks. Not much of a savings vs my current plan
    House can be solved with wifi calling .

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The main reason i'm leaving afee&fee is because of their throttling. I can go through 5gb in a couple days at work. No wifi at work . Then i'll be throttled for over 3 weeks, which is painfull.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by cleankutazn View Post
    The main reason i'm leaving afee&fee is because of their throttling. I can go through 5gb in a couple days at work. No wifi at work . Then i'll be throttled for over 3 weeks, which is painfull.
    Do you get good Tmo coverage?
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Im in socal so coverage is pretty good from what I hear.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Im in socal so coverage is pretty good from what I hear.
    Good deal! Here in VT we have 0 Tmo towers! So I will stick it out with att for now.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

True, then i enter other homes and buildings with no wifi access and i'm screwed as proved by my co workers who travel around the same areas i go. Dang, was hoping to save $30/mo too lol

Does the wifi calling work well? I had a home phone over the internet and it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Wooten View Post
    Does the wifi calling work well? I had a home phone over the internet and it sucked.
    Yep. At home I can make / recieve calls.. Texts.. And MMS without issue. Then when I leave it just jumps back to cellular.

Thanked by:
    Jamie Wooten likes this.

I left AT&T today for T-mobile
    Tmob Service in my area is great LTE screams fast , 70.00 unlimited everything and no more locked down android bootloaders is a major plus.
    Wifi calling works fantastic on my LG G2
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Yep. At home I can make / recieve calls.. Texts.. And MMS without issue. Then when I leave it just jumps back to cellular.

I'll have to look into that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Wooten View Post
    I'll have to look into that. Thanks
    It is different than most of those other wifi ones because you just simply connect to T-Mobile's backhaul directly.. And their backhaul isn't lacking so... It works beautifully .

Are you on an unlimited plan? If not you don't get throttled because they just charge you for overages. Unlimited customers get throttled after 5 GB.

I am on their unlimited data plan and the few times I went over the 5GB threshold ( I did it on purpose watching youtube videos since I typically only use about 1-2GB a month personally and never got throttled .

Meh it wont work with the Nexus 5 so it is really phone dependent on if it works wifi calling

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post

Meh it wont work with the Nexus 5 so it is really phone dependent on if it works wifi calling
    True... But only the nexus and iPhone are the phones that can't.. All others can .

True... But only the nexus and iPhone are the phones that can't.. All others can .

I have an Nexus 5 and from my past history my reception in my house sucks with T-Mobile and I would have no reason to go to them ( this was back with a 2G phone in 2009 / early 2010 when I left)

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I have an Nexus 5 and from my past history my reception in my house sucks with T-Mobile and I would have no reason to go to them ( this was back with a 2G phone in 2009 / early 2010 when I left)
    And that's fine. I was just stating a way to solve it for most people if their house was the only issue. If AT&T works for you keep em.. Carriers are highly dependent on location and a person's needs..
    There is no one carrier that is best for everyone .

But also you obviously do have a reason to got T-Mobile.. Money. As you started a thread in the T-Mobile sections .

And that's fine. I was just stating a way to solve it for most people if their house was the only issue. If AT&T works for you keep em.. Carriers are highly dependent on location and a person's needs..
    There is no one carrier that is best for everyone .

But also you obviously do have a reason to got T-Mobile.. Money. As you started a thread in the T-Mobile sections .

When I think about it I might very well take a low mobile share data plane with AT&T or maybe straight talk but eh haven't decided it but AT&T is perfectly fine and even living in NYC I don't see issues with them :P

Who is thinking about switching to the T mobile etf trade in program. I heard you can trade in any phone, working or not. I hope the galaxy s5 comes out in March and the program lasts till then. Suck it Afee&fee
    Don't do it!!! I have both but I do not have a signal at all with Tmobile. I rely on Wifi calling just to be able to make calls. When I spoke with Tmobile cust. serv. they said that I am surrounded by towers. Do you know what they offered me since my service sucks so bad? Absolutely nothing!!! I am in a contract with them for 365 more days!!! I have begged to be released from my contract but they will not do it. I am counting down the days until I can cancel my line. Why don't you do a trial with them for a few days rather than locking yourself into a contract.

sent from my AT&T GN2

Wifi calling doesn't work if your power is out...#ijs It is not very reliable like a cellular signal.

sent from my AT&T GN2
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Is this "BS" throttling a part of your service agreement?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetgirL76 View Post
    Don't do it!!! I have both but I do not have a signal at all with Tmobile. I rely on Wifi calling just to be able to make calls. When I spoke with Tmobile cust. serv. they said that I am surrounded by towers. Do you know what they offered me since my service sucks so bad? Absolutely nothing!!! I am in a contract with them for 365 more days!!! I have begged to be released from my contract but they will not do it. I am counting down the days until I can cancel my line. Why don't you do a trial with them for a few days rather than locking yourself into a contract.

sent from my AT&T GN2
    Where are you located? Im in southern cali and the service here is pretty good from what I hear.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Is this "BS" throttling a part of your service agreement?
    In the contract unlimited was guaranteed but high speed was not I'm guessing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast