Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

pretty good savings from the 260 I pay now
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-02-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Default Re: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

Man they are trying to compete.. It's good to see though because the consumer wins .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I am still a little confused. I won, outright, 2 Nexus 5's and a Moto X. Can I go to the AT&T store Monday and get this plan with no contract?

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I am still a little confused. I won, outright, 2 Nexus 5's and a Moto X. Can I go to the AT&T store Monday and get this plan with no contract?
    I believe so.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock AT&T

Yes. Basically, 10GB and more plans get any phone for 15 bucks. Less than 10GB is 25 for smartphones, 20 for basics. These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    Yes. Basically, 10GB and more plans get any phone for 15 bucks. Less than 10GB is 25 for smartphones, 20 for basics. These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

What does COAM mean?

AT&T Has Mirrored Verizon's Plans down to the FINEST DETAIL!!! Beware... The $130 for 2 lines W/ 10GIG is only for the NEXT installment Program Phones.... Regular Price is $140..... Verizon is now the Exact Same Price as AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    AT&T Has Mirrored Verizon's Plans down to the FINEST DETAIL!!! Beware... The $130 for 2 lines W/ 10GIG is only for the NEXT installment Program Phones.... Regular Price is $140..... Verizon is now the Exact Same Price as AT&T
    Verizon is way way more and not doing this yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nope.

* Available with AT&T NextSM or if you purchase your smartphones at full retail price. You’re also eligible if you’re out of contract or bring your own device.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

I'm gonna look into this plan with 2 lines tomorrow night I think. I hope it saves some money for us.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Just got off the phone with a CSR and my last billing cycle ended on 1/26 and got my new bill at 289.00 4 phones on the old 10 gig share plan 1 phone on the next plan. The CSR discounted my bill based on a formula they use for how long you've been a customer and if you pay your bill on time etc... So he ended up giving me a $204 discount and my bill is now $84 for the month!! Under this new plan with the 22% discount i get from my job my monthly bill will be $140.00 for all 4 lines. Feels good to finally get some payback for all the years i've been with ATT

Quote Originally Posted by mpin67 View Post
    Just got off the phone with a CSR and my last billing cycle ended on 1/26 and got my new bill at 289.00 4 phones on the old 10 gig share plan 1 phone on the next plan. The CSR discounted my bill based on a formula they use for how long you've been a customer and if you pay your bill on time etc... So he ended up giving me a $204 discount and my bill is now $84 for the month!! Under this new plan with the 22% discount i get from my job my monthly bill will be $140.00 for all 4 lines. Feels good to finally get some payback for all the years i've been with ATT
    Just sucks it took them so long .. Glad to see data prices becoming reasonable though.

New customers get a deal from this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

I have the same question as slave and please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question or is "common knowledge", but would someone let us know what COAM stands for? I've learned a lot from people here and appreciate it very much! ☺

Sent from my FABULOUS Note 3!
    slave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Nope.

* Available with AT&T NextSM or if you purchase your smartphones at full retail price. You’re also eligible if you’re out of contract or bring your own device.
    That is fine and dandy, but the bottom line, because i called and asked.. If you are a new customer and Sign a 2 year contract or your contract ENDS and you RE-SIGN a 2 year contract... You WONT GET the $10 Cheaper plans.... If you are out of contract, you MUST bring your own phone, or Or go with NEXT

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

I just got off the phone with cs and they converted my 4 line plan over. Was paying almost 250 now paying 160. Pretty happy. The only catch is that when any of my lines go to upgrade it has to be with the NEXT program or it goes back to the original pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
    I just got off the phone with cs and they converted my 4 line plan over. Was paying almost 250 now paying 160. Pretty happy. The only catch is that when any of my lines go to upgrade it has to be with the NEXT program or it goes back to the original pricing.

So you can convert over even if still on contract you just loose the ability to upgrade the old way and can only use at&t next now. Good to know that as I will be converting over next billing cycle as well. I'm at $290 and this would be a great deal less than I normally pay even with my employer discount.

Quote Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post

Next or bring your own.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    no1

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

COAM = Customer Owned and Maintained

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I currently have two smartphones on a 2-yr agreement and an iPad tablet on a 6 GB Shared Plan for $170/mo. I just switched to the new 10 GB Family Shared Plan for $140/mo, saving me $30/month. I can still use my existing smartphones through my 2-yr agreement, after which I can keep them. This is great, since I'm now paying unsubsidized cell service for two phones that were purchased at AT&T's subsidized price. I confirmed this with AT&T via online chat.

The only catch, is that when and if I want to upgrade my smartphone I can't buy it at a subsidized price. I have to purchase it at full retail cost (either a one-time cost or as payments with the NEXT program spread out over 20 or 26 months). But since my wife and I always seem to upgrade early (and pay early termination fees), this seems like the best option for us.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vividrich View Post
    Next or bring your own.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    Using my existing for now. If I upgrade my phones it just has to be via the NEXT program and not a 2 year agreement or the old rates come back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nizmoz View Post
    Verizon is way way more and not doing this yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    When Comparing AT&T and Verizon's REGULAR PLANS, which is what i was talking about... They come out exactly the SAME... $80 for 6 gigs, plus $40 for each line... Comes out to the same!!

The only way to get:
    AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow-183140-mrq-mobile-share-974x615.jpg

Is to have QUALIFIED Credit for the AT&T NEXT Program, or be MONTH TO MONTH and Bring or Buy your phones OUTRIGHT Without Subsidizing..... IF YOU SIGN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT... YOU WILL NOT GET THESE PLANS... If you are Currently Out of contract, your can switch to the value plans at no charge or switch to the NEXT PROGRAM or Purchase and activate new phones at retail price to get the new plans.. Fine Print people

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

So let me get this right... For me it's 2 lines so it would be....

100 - 20% +15 + 15 = is my cost? With my employee discount and the cost of a yearly upgrade? Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)

When Comparing AT&T and Verizon's REGULAR PLANS, which is what i was talking about... They come out exactly the SAME... $80 for 6 gigs, plus $40 for each line... Comes out to the same!!

The only way to get:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	183140-mrq-mobile-share-974x615.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	103178

Is to have QUALIFIED Credit for the AT&T NEXT Program, or be MONTH TO MONTH and Bring or Buy your phones OUTRIGHT Without Subsidizing..... IF YOU SIGN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT... YOU WILL NOT GET THESE PLANS... If you are Currently Out of contract, your can switch to the value plans at no charge or switch to the NEXT PROGRAM or Purchase and activate new phones at retail price to get the new plans.. Fine Print people
    If you sign up for a regular 2 year contract with subsidy plan then you stay at the regular rate's. But you can convert over to the new plan if you are on contract before 2/2/14, or you are out of contract, or bring your own devices, or lastly use the at&t next plan for new service. If you were on contract before 2/2/14 you can indeed convert to the new mobile share value plan and lose the 2 year phone subsidy and can only use at&t next or BYOD.

If you do use a regular 2 year subsidy then you will convert back to the regular mobile share plans subject to the $45, $40, $35, $30 mobile share smartphone cost of old depending on the data plan chosen.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    So let me get this right... For me it's 2 lines so it would be....

100 - 20% +15 + 15 = is my cost? With my employee discount and the cost of a yearly upgrade? Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One
    yes that is the cost, you lose the ability for the 2 year phone subsidy and have to use at&t next for you upgrades. If you ever buy a phone on the regular 2 year subsidy then your entire plan reverts back to the mobile share cost of old(i.e. $45, $40, $35, $30 depending on data plan).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    yes that is the cost, you lose the ability for the 2 year phone subsidy and have to use at&t next for you upgrades. If you ever buy a phone on the regular 2 year subsidy then your entire plan reverts back to the mobile share cost of old(i.e. $45, $40, $35, $30 depending on data plan).
    Thanks for the reply. The next program is an additional cost though right? How does that work?

Sent from my HTC One
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast