AT&T: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW family data share plans start tomorrow

Man they are trying to compete.. It's good to see though because the consumer wins :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am still a little confused. I won, outright, 2 Nexus 5's and a Moto X. Can I go to the AT&T store Monday and get this plan with no contract?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am still a little confused. I won, outright, 2 Nexus 5's and a Moto X. Can I go to the AT&T store Monday and get this plan with no contract?

I believe so.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Basically, 10GB and more plans get any phone for 15 bucks. Less than 10GB is 25 for smartphones, 20 for basics. These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Basically, 10GB and more plans get any phone for 15 bucks. Less than 10GB is 25 for smartphones, 20 for basics. These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

What does COAM mean?

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

AT&T Has Mirrored Verizon's Plans down to the FINEST DETAIL!!! Beware... The $130 for 2 lines W/ 10GIG is only for the NEXT installment Program Phones.... Regular Price is $140..... Verizon is now the Exact Same Price as AT&T

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

AT&T Has Mirrored Verizon's Plans down to the FINEST DETAIL!!! Beware... The $130 for 2 lines W/ 10GIG is only for the NEXT installment Program Phones.... Regular Price is $140..... Verizon is now the Exact Same Price as AT&T

Verizon is way way more and not doing this yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Nope.

* Available with AT&T NextSM or if you purchase your smartphones at full retail price. You’re also eligible if you’re out of contract or bring your own device.

mpin67

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a CSR and my last billing cycle ended on 1/26 and got my new bill at 289.00 4 phones on the old 10 gig share plan 1 phone on the next plan. The CSR discounted my bill based on a formula they use for how long you've been a customer and if you pay your bill on time etc... So he ended up giving me a $204 discount and my bill is now $84 for the month!! Under this new plan with the 22% discount i get from my job my monthly bill will be $140.00 for all 4 lines. Feels good to finally get some payback for all the years i've been with ATT

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a CSR and my last billing cycle ended on 1/26 and got my new bill at 289.00 4 phones on the old 10 gig share plan 1 phone on the next plan. The CSR discounted my bill based on a formula they use for how long you've been a customer and if you pay your bill on time etc... So he ended up giving me a $204 discount and my bill is now $84 for the month!! Under this new plan with the 22% discount i get from my job my monthly bill will be $140.00 for all 4 lines. Feels good to finally get some payback for all the years i've been with ATT

Just sucks it took them so long :) .. Glad to see data prices becoming reasonable though.

New customers get a deal from this as well.

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

These have to be done as COAM or bought on Next.

I have the same question as slave and please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question or is "common knowledge", but would someone let us know what COAM stands for? I've learned a lot from people here and appreciate it very much! ☺

Sent from my FABULOUS Note 3!

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Nope.

* Available with AT&T NextSM or if you purchase your smartphones at full retail price. You’re also eligible if you’re out of contract or bring your own device.

That is fine and dandy, but the bottom line, because i called and asked.. If you are a new customer and Sign a 2 year contract or your contract ENDS and you RE-SIGN a 2 year contract... You WONT GET the $10 Cheaper plans.... If you are out of contract, you MUST bring your own phone, or Or go with NEXT

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with cs and they converted my 4 line plan over. Was paying almost 250 now paying 160. Pretty happy. The only catch is that when any of my lines go to upgrade it has to be with the NEXT program or it goes back to the original pricing.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with cs and they converted my 4 line plan over. Was paying almost 250 now paying 160. Pretty happy. The only catch is that when any of my lines go to upgrade it has to be with the NEXT program or it goes back to the original pricing.

So you can convert over even if still on contract you just loose the ability to upgrade the old way and can only use at&t next now. Good to know that as I will be converting over next billing cycle as well. I'm at $290 and this would be a great deal less than I normally pay even with my employer discount.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Next or bring your own.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have two smartphones on a 2-yr agreement and an iPad tablet on a 6 GB Shared Plan for $170/mo. I just switched to the new 10 GB Family Shared Plan for $140/mo, saving me $30/month. I can still use my existing smartphones through my 2-yr agreement, after which I can keep them. This is great, since I'm now paying unsubsidized cell service for two phones that were purchased at AT&T's subsidized price. I confirmed this with AT&T via online chat.

The only catch, is that when and if I want to upgrade my smartphone I can't buy it at a subsidized price. I have to purchase it at full retail cost (either a one-time cost or as payments with the NEXT program spread out over 20 or 26 months). But since my wife and I always seem to upgrade early (and pay early termination fees), this seems like the best option for us.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Next or bring your own.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Using my existing for now. If I upgrade my phones it just has to be via the NEXT program and not a 2 year agreement or the old rates come back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk