Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T 10 GB family plan. Who jumped to it?

I was just curious how many people have jumped to this plan... I see a lot of people saying they are considering it but just wondering how many are. .

So have you jumped? Or still on the fence?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    WBSnow 
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.

Default Re: AT&T 10 GB family plan. Who jumped to it?

I did it's great deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't tell me that you are considering abandoning ship?

Anyway,there is a big thread on SD discussing this plan. I think for families that use a moderate amount of data (2gb ish per line average), it makes sense. I was going to tell my co-worker who is on family mobile with his entire family, but he is hung up on the word "unlimited" even though it clearly states that unlimited is 2.5gb and only 3g data.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    troshs 
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Don't tell me that you are considering abandoning ship?

Anyway,there is a big thread on SD discussing this plan. I think for families that use a moderate amount of data (2gb ish per line average), it makes sense. I am going to tell my co-worker who is on family mobile with his entire family.

Haha no I couldn't dpham you know me! :P.

I have been considering it for my brother and his wife... They would be able to take advantage of it and save money versus paying for 2 single lines on Sprint (they never joined a family plan together).

They average about 1.5 GB each.. So I figure sharing 10 would be great especially on AT&T's network versus Sprints.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Haha no I couldn't dpham you know me! :P.

I have been considering it for my brother and his wife... They would be able to take advantage of it and save money versus paying for 2 single lines on Sprint (they never joined a family plan together).

They average about 1.5 GB each.. So I figure sharing 10 would be great especially on AT&T's network versus Sprints.

I think that I would suggest to him the tmobile simple plan, since he seems steadfast on tmobile.

He doesn't care that my Verizon phone gets service where tmobile doesn't so network coverage doesn't seem to be that important to him.

But back to the topic at hand, att plan is only $10 more than tmobile for 4 lines , so well worth it if you need the additional coverage

KAY ATCHISON likes this.

I went from paying $90 plus $105 for 6gb and 3 smartphones to $100 plus $45 for 10gb. Was a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I went from paying $90 plus $105 for 6gb and 3 smartphones to $100 plus $45 for 10gb. Was a no brainer for me.
    Did your previous plan include subsidized phones?

Imagine how much money you would save if your brother and his wife went to the ATT mobile share plan and you just hopped on as an additional line!!!!

For a 4 line plus 3 tablet plan I saved over 100 a month so I switched.

Did your previous plan include subsidized phones?

Yes, and they still allowed me to switch over. I can use NEXT now if i want to, the original contract end date is still this coming October but no more subsidized phones for us.

Yes, and they still allowed me to switch over. I can use NEXT now if i want to, the original contract end date is still this coming October but no more subsidized phones for us.
    You can go back to subsidized phones after the contract end date but it increase the line costs by 25 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    You can go back to subsidized phones after the contract end date but it increase the line costs by 25 dollars.
    correct, so not worth it when most NEXT 18 phones are less than that with the option to swap phones in 18mo. Which works for me since i never use the old phone i bought on contract anyways lol
    Thanked by:

If ATT had good service in my area I would, sounds like a great move, unfortunatly their service is bad in my area

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

The girlfriend and I did last month! Much much cheaper for us. Not to mention the free hotspot and the feel of unlimited data for us both! Great deal. (With discounts and what not we pay $110 a month!)

So it is a $50 difference between subsidized and unsubsidized for your 3 lines. Which is pretty fair. Good deal for you especially if you don't upgrade to the latest high end phone every 2 years. It also gives you more freedom.

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I have 2 smartphones and an iPad and I switched to the new 10 mb shared data plan to save some substantial money each month.

So it is a $50 difference between subsidized and unsubsidized for your 3 lines. Which is pretty fair. Good deal for you especially if you don't upgrade to the latest high end phone every 2 years. It also gives you more freedom.

Yessir. The 2 iphone users dont care about new phones so we'll be saving $ for a while haha. Me on the other hand....

Anyone have a single line with the 10 gigs of data? I average around 5 to 6 gigs a month. With my corporate discount it wouldn't be that much more to go up to 10 gigs. I know, I am a data *****....

My wife and I switched this past Saturday.

She's been on AT&T forever, with an old plan she was paying too much for, even with a work discount. I'd switched to Sprint for unlimited when the EVO 3D came out, and had been with them since then.

I bought a Nexus 5, she uses an old iPhone, and now we're on a discounted $130 plan. We won't even come close to using 10 GB, but it's good to have. Good service in both my home and work areas.
    erwaso and KAY ATCHISON like this.

Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    Anyone have a single line with the 10 gigs of data? I average around 5 to 6 gigs a month. With my corporate discount it wouldn't be that much more to go up to 10 gigs. I know, I am a data *****....
    Thats a lot of data haha! I myself didn't use wifi at all last month and only hit 5GB by myself, and that included downloading a game 1.15GB large

I switch last month you gotta be careful because if you switch and have a start on the beginning of your new bill cycle. You pay full price basically then you get a discount on your next bill so I'm going to get $100 off on my next bill then only be paying a hundred twenty one dollars. From now on when I was paying 154 dollars its great I'll just use next program but I don't really need upgrade I have the HTC One and it's a good phone and she left me for another year too.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, I switched earlier this week, BYOD setup - new Nexus 5 and a used iPhone 4S bought on eBay. My wife and I were Verizon customers for 10+ years, but their plans are just not competitive in price, and very stingy on data. The much-touted Verizon network advantage is overrated, or maybe just plain wrong. AT&T has much better signal at my home than Verizon. Verizon's signal was not available inside the home at all; AT&T works fine. Before signing up we did a test by installing an AT&T SIM in a new iPad and buying a tablet data plan for a month for a trip from Virginia to Atlanta. Worked great, had signal for Google Maps all the way down I-85 and in the Atlanta area.

Good-bye, Verizon. And good-bye to subsidized devices and contracts.
    Last edited by StayingAlert; 03-11-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by StayingAlert View Post
    Yes, I switched earlier this week, BYOD setup - new Nexus 5 and a used iPhone 4S bought on eBay. My wife and I were Verizon customers for 10+ years, but their plans are just not competitive in price, and very stingy on data. The much-touted Verizon network advantage is overrated, or maybe just plain wrong. AT&T has much better signal at my home than Verizon. Verizon's signal was not available inside the home at all; AT&T works fine. Before signing up we did a test by installing an AT&T SIM in a new iPad and buying a tablet data plan for a month for a trip from Virginia to Atlanta. Worked great, had signal for Google Maps all the way down I-85 and in the Atlanta area.

Good-bye, Verizon. And good-bye to subsidized devices and contracts.
    G;ad to hear it worked out for you! And I agree with you 100% as well.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

I did! 4 phone lines and 1 ipad. Substantial savings! ))

Okay, so for those of you who switched and have a discount, how does your discount apply?

Right now, I have a 21% discount, but it is only on voice and data I believe, so I was wondering, if I switched to this new 10 Gig plan, would I really save more money or less one I factor in the discount? I do enjoy the fact that I get to use up to 10 gigs though.

Quote Originally Posted by crackcookie View Post
    Okay, so for those of you who switched and have a discount, how does your discount apply?

Right now, I have a 21% discount, but it is only on voice and data I believe, so I was wondering, if I switched to this new 10 Gig plan, would I really save more money or less one I factor in the discount? I do enjoy the fact that I get to use up to 10 gigs though.
    If it is a fan discount, it only applies to the base price of 100 dollars, not for each line, based on my understanding.
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast