AT&T 10 GB family plan. Who jumped to it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious how many people have jumped to this plan... I see a lot of people saying they are considering it but just wondering how many are. :).

So have you jumped? Or still on the fence?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't tell me that you are considering abandoning ship? :eek::p

Anyway,there is a big thread on SD discussing this plan. I think for families that use a moderate amount of data (2gb ish per line average), it makes sense. I was going to tell my co-worker who is on family mobile with his entire family, but he is hung up on the word "unlimited" even though it clearly states that unlimited is 2.5gb and only 3g data.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't tell me that you are considering abandoning ship? :eek::p

Anyway,there is a big thread on SD discussing this plan. I think for families that use a moderate amount of data (2gb ish per line average), it makes sense. I am going to tell my co-worker who is on family mobile with his entire family.

Haha no I couldn't dpham you know me! :p.

I have been considering it for my brother and his wife... They would be able to take advantage of it and save money versus paying for 2 single lines on Sprint (they never joined a family plan together).

They average about 1.5 GB each.. So I figure sharing 10 would be great especially on AT&T's network versus Sprints.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Haha no I couldn't dpham you know me! :p.

I have been considering it for my brother and his wife... They would be able to take advantage of it and save money versus paying for 2 single lines on Sprint (they never joined a family plan together).

They average about 1.5 GB each.. So I figure sharing 10 would be great especially on AT&T's network versus Sprints.

I think that I would suggest to him the tmobile simple plan, since he seems steadfast on tmobile.

He doesn't care that my Verizon phone gets service where tmobile doesn't so network coverage doesn't seem to be that important to him.

But back to the topic at hand, att plan is only $10 more than tmobile for 4 lines , so well worth it if you need the additional coverage

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from paying $90 plus $105 for 6gb and 3 smartphones to $100 plus $45 for 10gb. Was a no brainer for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I went from paying $90 plus $105 for 6gb and 3 smartphones to $100 plus $45 for 10gb. Was a no brainer for me.

Did your previous plan include subsidized phones?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Imagine how much money you would save if your brother and his wife went to the ATT mobile share plan and you just hopped on as an additional line!!!!

For a 4 line plus 3 tablet plan I saved over 100 a month so I switched.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Did your previous plan include subsidized phones?

Yes, and they still allowed me to switch over. I can use NEXT now if i want to, the original contract end date is still this coming October but no more subsidized phones for us.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and they still allowed me to switch over. I can use NEXT now if i want to, the original contract end date is still this coming October but no more subsidized phones for us.

You can go back to subsidized phones after the contract end date but it increase the line costs by 25 dollars.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You can go back to subsidized phones after the contract end date but it increase the line costs by 25 dollars.

correct, so not worth it when most NEXT 18 phones are less than that with the option to swap phones in 18mo. Which works for me since i never use the old phone i bought on contract anyways lol

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If ATT had good service in my area I would, sounds like a great move, unfortunatly their service is bad in my area

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The girlfriend and I did last month! Much much cheaper for us. Not to mention the free hotspot and the feel of unlimited data for us both! Great deal. (With discounts and what not we pay $110 a month!)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

So it is a $50 difference between subsidized and unsubsidized for your 3 lines. Which is pretty fair. Good deal for you especially if you don't upgrade to the latest high end phone every 2 years. It also gives you more freedom.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 smartphones and an iPad and I switched to the new 10 mb shared data plan to save some substantial money each month.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So it is a $50 difference between subsidized and unsubsidized for your 3 lines. Which is pretty fair. Good deal for you especially if you don't upgrade to the latest high end phone every 2 years. It also gives you more freedom.

Yessir. The 2 iphone users dont care about new phones so we'll be saving $ for a while haha. Me on the other hand....

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a single line with the 10 gigs of data? I average around 5 to 6 gigs a month. With my corporate discount it wouldn't be that much more to go up to 10 gigs. I know, I am a data *****....

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I switched this past Saturday.

She's been on AT&T forever, with an old plan she was paying too much for, even with a work discount. I'd switched to Sprint for unlimited when the EVO 3D came out, and had been with them since then.

I bought a Nexus 5, she uses an old iPhone, and now we're on a discounted $130 plan. We won't even come close to using 10 GB, but it's good to have. Good service in both my home and work areas.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a single line with the 10 gigs of data? I average around 5 to 6 gigs a month. With my corporate discount it wouldn't be that much more to go up to 10 gigs. I know, I am a data *****....

Thats a lot of data haha! I myself didn't use wifi at all last month and only hit 5GB by myself, and that included downloading a game 1.15GB large

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I switch last month you gotta be careful because if you switch and have a start on the beginning of your new bill cycle. You pay full price basically then you get a discount on your next bill so I'm going to get $100 off on my next bill then only be paying a hundred twenty one dollars. From now on when I was paying 154 dollars its great I'll just use next program but I don't really need upgrade I have the HTC One and it's a good phone and she left me for another year too.

Posted via Android Central App