AT&T reps liars?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was on a family plan with unlimited data plan and I asked a rep in a corporate store a month ago if I wanted to leave the family plan was there a way to keep my unlimited data plan and stay on AT&T and he said there was no possible way I could split off and keep my grandfathered data plan. Today I went to T-Mobile to change carriers since they offered unlimited data ( and cheaper at $20 until March 23rd) and while I asked for the account number and pin # the rep on the phone asked why I wanted to leave and simply stated it was cheaper and I could get unlimited data. The rep on the phone then asked what would T-Mobile be charging me for this new service and then went onto saying I could keep my unlimited data plan. Now I am curious is that even possible or just some lie to get me to stay with AT&T and also under contract for 2 years?

Topdown77027

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Every one of these companies has some form of program (known as Loyalty or something like that) or otherwise allows the staff to do more for you once they think you're really serious about leaving. Imagine that's even more so when T Mobile is involved. The sales staff at the store may not have the authority, and they'd likely get in trouble if they told you how to get around the system. Always works best when you're out of contract.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Every one of these companies has some form of program (known as Loyalty or something like that) or otherwise allows the staff to do more for you once they think you're really serious about leaving. Imagine that's even more so when T Mobile is involved. The sales staff at the store may not have the authority, and they'd likely get in trouble if they told you how to get around the system. Always works best when you're out of contract.

Ah ok ... I was at the store I would of felt awkward in the store if I actually took them on this offer. While I might of taken it would of been a 2 yr contract and probably cost more. I just don't see AT&T selling me unlimited data, Text + calling for $70 dollars a month ?