Getting Nexus 5 LTE on AT&T ?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have an LTE phone with an LTE plan and a micro sim in my current phone, when I get my Nexus 5 from Google can I just put my current sim card in and get LTE service? Or am I going to have to do something with AT&T? Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You're on AT&T proper? {post-paid} If so it should be plug and play. It was for me with my old s3. What device are you coming from?

Thanks, Yes I am on post paid, my current phone is an LG Optimus Pro. I was wondering because I see posts from people saying they had to get AT&T to enter the Nexus 5 IMEI onto there system.

Posted via Android Central App

brokenchode

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from Sprint to ATT last night - Have the Nexus 5 from google play. Worked great and took about 5 mins to port the number. Only issue I am seeing right now is LTE is really smoking my battery. Just did a factory reset tonight, so will see if that helps anything. I didnt have this issue with Sprint. In LTE at all times with ATT. Very nice :)

Anyone heard of these types of battery issues with Nexus 5 on ATT?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from Sprint to ATT last night - Have the Nexus 5 from google play. Worked great and took about 5 mins to port the number. Only issue I am seeing right now is LTE is really smoking my battery. Just did a factory reset tonight, so will see if that helps anything. I didnt have this issue with Sprint. In LTE at all times with ATT. Very nice :)

Anyone heard of these types of battery issues with Nexus 5 on ATT?

People have been posting all sorts of battery issues... If you always have LTE maybe the battery gets used a bunch with the radio holding onto the signal. I keep mobile data turned off while I'm on WiFi but the first day I stayed on LTE and there was some battery reduction but not much at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy