Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Should I switch to ATT?

I currently have Verizon, I got a new job and I can barely get a signal inside the office building. Outside of the office the reception is good and I can get 17 down 8 up on LTE. They have ATT repeaters in the building to support the government blackberries and I tested a coworkers iphone and he gets good call reception in the building and gets about 4 down and 1 up on 4g. I tested ATT at a corporate store and could only get 8 down and 1 up.

From what I've read Verizon will be faster in the long run since they have been increasing capacity while ATT is still working on coverage.

But, I don't get coverage 9 hours of the day in the office on Verizon. So, I'm not sure whether to switch to ATT or not. If I switch I'll get coverage in the office but slower speeds outside the office

I asked if I could install a signal booster for Verizon but I'm not allowed.

Default Re: Should I switch to ATT?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    I currently have Verizon, I got a new job and I can barely get a signal inside the office building. Outside of the office the reception is good and I can get 17 down 8 up on LTE. They have ATT repeaters in the building to support the government blackberries and I tested a coworkers iphone and he gets good call reception in the building and gets about 4 down and 1 up on 4g. I tested ATT at a corporate store and could only get 8 down and 1 up.

From what I've read Verizon will be faster in the long run since they have been increasing capacity while ATT is still working on coverage.

But, I don't get coverage 9 hours of the day in the office on Verizon. So, I'm not sure whether to switch to ATT or not. If I switch I'll get coverage in the office but slower speeds outside the office

I asked if I could install a signal booster for Verizon but I'm not allowed.
    Sounds like it's really a personal decision.. Personally I'd be fine with 8down and 1 up if it's just for browsing, social media even videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Hello! Try not to post the same thing twice. :P

Should I switch to AT&T

Anyways, AT&T has decent speed both 4G and 4G LTE wise. Are you moving around a lot or are you in the office all day?
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Ok, I'm in the office all day. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    Ok, I'm in the office all day. Thanks.
    Get a pre paid AT&T feature phone/plan and have your main number forwarded to it during work hours. Keep Verizon as main line still

Don't switch if you need voice.

Posted via Android Central App