torn on which new phone to get...

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have at&t currently and I am going to be buying a new phone very soon but I am torn with all the great devices out there. I can't decide between galaxy s5, HTC one m8, nexus 5 or moto x. I know everyone will have a different opinion I'm just curious what input people have to help me narrow down.

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I am off contract (mobile share value so being off contract saves me quite a bit of money and I would be buying outright or using Next). I think they're all good phones and I've done my research extensively on them and I have my concerns with each device which I'll list below, maybe that way people can dispel any concerns I have if they're off base and help with their recommendation.

Nexus 5 - battery life, so so camera, not being an "actual" at&t device causes some trouble/headache being provisioned correctly with the IMEI for LTE services etc...
Moto X - processing power, camera quality, screen size, carrier shenanigans (bloatware, bootloader lock, sim lock, delay in updates, etc.), longevity of device (once carrier/OEM stop supporting updates)
Galaxy S5 - limited storage capacity, kitkat and what content can be stored/transferred to SD card, touchwiz, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device
Htc One M8 - so so camera, power button placement, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device, kitkat and content to/from sd card

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am off contract (mobile share value so being off contract saves me quite a bit of money and I would be buying outright or using Next). I think they're all good phones and I've done my research extensively on them and I have my concerns with each device which I'll list below, maybe that way people can dispel any concerns I have if they're off base and help with their recommendation.

Nexus 5 - battery life, so so camera, not being an "actual" at&t device causes some trouble/headache being provisioned correctly with the IMEI for LTE services etc...
Moto X - processing power, camera quality, screen size, carrier shenanigans (bloatware, bootloader lock, sim lock, delay in updates, etc.), longevity of device (once carrier/OEM stop supporting updates)
Galaxy S5 - limited storage capacity, kitkat and what content can be stored/transferred to SD card, touchwiz, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device
Htc One M8 - so so camera, power button placement, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device, kitkat and content to/from sd card

The kit kat sd card thing is across all devices, but rooting fixes it from what i read on XDA. head to a store and play with them all before deciding, you dont want to mess with restocking fees lol

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
When will the One Plus one come on the market? And I mean that without it being a pain in the *** to get! :p

not sure, but by the time the invite system goes away we will know so much more about it from all the first run fan boi's lol. Then we can hop on the bandwagon or learn from their mistakes :)

I'm still holding out for the G3...