Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default torn on which new phone to get...

I have at&t currently and I am going to be buying a new phone very soon but I am torn with all the great devices out there. I can't decide between galaxy s5, HTC one m8, nexus 5 or moto x. I know everyone will have a different opinion I'm just curious what input people have to help me narrow down.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

Default Re: torn on which new phone to get...

Nexus 5. all day long.

On contract? GS5 or M8

No contract? N5, too low priced to pass up. Or get the One Plus One
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I am off contract (mobile share value so being off contract saves me quite a bit of money and I would be buying outright or using Next). I think they're all good phones and I've done my research extensively on them and I have my concerns with each device which I'll list below, maybe that way people can dispel any concerns I have if they're off base and help with their recommendation.

Nexus 5 - battery life, so so camera, not being an "actual" at&t device causes some trouble/headache being provisioned correctly with the IMEI for LTE services etc...
    Moto X - processing power, camera quality, screen size, carrier shenanigans (bloatware, bootloader lock, sim lock, delay in updates, etc.), longevity of device (once carrier/OEM stop supporting updates)
    Galaxy S5 - limited storage capacity, kitkat and what content can be stored/transferred to SD card, touchwiz, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device
    Htc One M8 - so so camera, power button placement, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device, kitkat and content to/from sd card

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    On contract? GS5 or M8

No contract? N5, too low priced to pass up. Or get the One Plus One
    This .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines
    erwaso likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

When will the One Plus one come on the market? And I mean that without it being a pain in the *** to get! :P

Quote Originally Posted by drache713 View Post
    I am off contract (mobile share value so being off contract saves me quite a bit of money and I would be buying outright or using Next). I think they're all good phones and I've done my research extensively on them and I have my concerns with each device which I'll list below, maybe that way people can dispel any concerns I have if they're off base and help with their recommendation.

Nexus 5 - battery life, so so camera, not being an "actual" at&t device causes some trouble/headache being provisioned correctly with the IMEI for LTE services etc...
    Moto X - processing power, camera quality, screen size, carrier shenanigans (bloatware, bootloader lock, sim lock, delay in updates, etc.), longevity of device (once carrier/OEM stop supporting updates)
    Galaxy S5 - limited storage capacity, kitkat and what content can be stored/transferred to SD card, touchwiz, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device
    Htc One M8 - so so camera, power button placement, carrier shenanigans, longevity of device, kitkat and content to/from sd card
    The kit kat sd card thing is across all devices, but rooting fixes it from what i read on XDA. head to a store and play with them all before deciding, you dont want to mess with restocking fees lol

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    When will the One Plus one come on the market? And I mean that without it being a pain in the *** to get! :P
    not sure, but by the time the invite system goes away we will know so much more about it from all the first run fan boi's lol. Then we can hop on the bandwagon or learn from their mistakes

I'm still holding out for the G3...

What he said, G3

Sent from Tapatalk Pro using my Samsung S4...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Come on guys keep it going! The more advice/suggestions the better!
    Banned

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

You should check out the lg phones before making a decision!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁