Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2 phones on AT&T same line?

I currently have and love the Galaxy S4 GPE. I'm toying with getting the Sony Xperia Z2 as well. Is it just a matter of swapping the SIM card between to 2 phones or is it more involved than that? I know that I can't use BOTH phones at the same time, but I'd like to go back and forth between the 2 phones until such time I can decide which one to keep. Thanks all.

Default Re: 2 phones on AT&T same line?

Yep. Simply swap the SIM and be good to go... As long as they are both AT&T phones .

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    rob damiani likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well they're both unlocked phones that were not purchased through AT&T. Samsung galaxy S4 GPE and Sony Xperia Z2.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Yep. Simply swap the SIM and be good to go... As long as they are both AT&T phones .

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    Well they're both unlocked phones that were not purchased through AT&T. Samsung galaxy S4 GPE and Sony Xperia Z2.
    Ah woops that's what I meant.. Sorry haha. As long as they are unlocked they will use the SIM and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    rob damiani likes this.

To add what Almeuit was meaning.
    Phones that are branded with their carriers, aka T-Mobile and AT&T will have the necessary info (APN) for you to swap a sim and thats it.
    IF a device is Unlocked generic it may not have that info and simply swapping a sim wont do. You would need to manually enter the APN settings for your carrier.
    Google Play Edition GPE units and most developers phones have the APN built in because they are region specific. So buying a GPE HTC USA device will have AT&T and T-Mobile APN in them.
    Unlocking a T-Mobile HTC phone for use on AT&T might not. So you would more then likely have to add the APN settings on that unit for the AT&T network.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Great info, thank for sharing. When I purchase the Xperia Z2 directly from Sony, will I still have to manually enter the APN settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    To add what Almeuit was meaning.
    Phones that are branded with their carriers, aka T-Mobile and AT&T will have the necessary info (APN) for you to swap a sim and thats it.
    IF a device is Unlocked generic it may not have that info and simply swapping a sim wont do. You would need to manually enter the APN settings for your carrier.
    Google Play Edition GPE units and most developers phones have the APN built in because they are region specific. So buying a GPE HTC USA device will have AT&T and T-Mobile APN in them.
    Unlocking a T-Mobile HTC phone for use on AT&T might not. So you would more then likely have to add the APN settings on that unit for the AT&T network.

My guess is it will have the necessary APN for ATT / TMO.
    But if it doesnt you know where to turn to find the info.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Thanked by:
    rob damiani likes this.