Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using smartphone unlimited data sim in iPad or mobile hotspot?

Does anyone know if you can use an smartphone unlimited data sim in an iPad or mobile hotspot (AT&T). Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Using smartphone unlimited data sim in iPad or mobile hotspot?

It has been a while since I've done it but the last time I put an unlimited data for iphone sim in an ipad they flipped out. They proceeded to block data completely on that line within a few minutes and didn't restore it until I called and at the time they advised me data had been blocked because I had put the sim in an ipad.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Using smartphone unlimited data sim in iPad or mobile hotspot?

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use an smartphone unlimited data sim in an iPad or mobile hotspot (AT&T). Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitadenny View Post
    It has been a while since I've done it but the last time I put an unlimited data for iphone sim in an ipad they flipped out. They proceeded to block data completely on that line within a few minutes and didn't restore it until I called and at the time they advised me data had been blocked because I had put the sim in an ipad.
    Anitadenny is 100% correct! When the network see's that its in an iPad it will ban the SIM card until you call them. It will only be a thorn in your side sadly.