Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By cnotes2019
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By unglued94ta
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    unglued94ta's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

    Default Can't believe they throttled me.

    I've got grandfathered unlimited with an LTE phone. I average about 4 gigs a month. ATT throttled me this afternoon. I'm at 5157 MB and tomorrow night is the end of my billing period. I'm not in a congested area, I'm in BFE. The nearest LTE tower is an hour away. I'm only 3% over. Very lame AT&T

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    I've got grandfathered unlimited with an LTE phone. I average about 4 gigs a month. ATT throttled me this afternoon. I'm at 5157 MB and tomorrow night is the end of my billing period. I'm not in a congested area, I'm in BFE. The nearest LTE tower is an hour away. I'm only 3% over. Very lame AT&T

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Att throttles regardless of tower load. I have used a thousand times that on Verizon and never throttled.

    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    unglued94ta's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Att throttles regardless of tower load. I have used a thousand times that on Verizon and never throttled.

    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    First of all I doubt you've used 5000 gig in 1 month. Second all I'm saying is I've used more than 5 gig before and never been throttled till today.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    First of all I doubt you've used 5000 gig in 1 month. Second all I'm saying is I've used more than 5 gig before and never been throttled till today.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    First of all. He has. Second of all it's known that AT&T throttles after 5gb (maybe not in all instances) but that doesn't mean they can't or it's not their policy that is known for some time
    Now to throttle those users.....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    First of all I doubt you've used 5000 gig in 1 month. Second all I'm saying is I've used more than 5 gig before and never been throttled till today.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk


    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by 2:
    Resendetra likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    unglued94ta's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/ujypyrev.jpg

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I stand corrected. My appologies.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Jaramie10 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    unglued94ta's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    First of all. He has. Second of all it's known that AT&T throttles after 5gb (maybe not in all instances) but that doesn't mean they can't or it's not their policy that is known for some time
    Now to throttle those users.....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I realize its known, its just that its never happened before and its not like im pushing 10gigs or something abive average like that. I just thought it was odd that they've never done it in the past and I was only 0.157GB over. Im not mad just surprised.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    I realize its known, its just that its never happened before and its not like im pushing 10gigs or something abive average like that. I just thought it was odd that they've never done it in the past and I was only 0.157GB over. Im not mad just surprised.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The system is set to throttle unlimited plans at 5 GB... You hit it... It throttled. Someone didn't go into the system and single you out.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    petaf likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    unglued94ta's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Its all good. My billing cycle resets tomorrow night.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The system is set to throttle unlimited plans at GB... You hit it... It throttled. Someone didn't go into the system and single you out.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Yupml.Once you go over 5gb,you are throttled, even 5.001gb.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  11. #11  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    The plague of the unlimited plans!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    The plague of the unlimited plans!
    On AT&T yes. You can use either tmobile or Verizon legacy and get unthrottled 4GLTE.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    cgardnervt likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Found a way to get out of throttle with unlimited data... But not sure if I should post it here and get banned

    Posted via Galaxy Note 4
  14. #14  
    troshs's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    I was told at training the other day (for mobile associates) that Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't throttle....anyone weigh in?

    Boom! From My S5
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    I was told at training the other day (for mobile associates) that Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't throttle....anyone weigh in?

    Boom! From My S5
    T-Mobile doesn't on their fully unlimited data plan (the $80 one).
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  16. #16  
    Sophos's Avatar

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdhampton7 View Post
    Found a way to get out of throttle with unlimited data... But not sure if I should post it here and get banned

    Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    PM me please.

    I play with my food
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Idk how to on this app... Android central

    Posted via Galaxy Note 4
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdhampton7 View Post
    Idk how to on this app... Android central

    Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    That's a good point. It would be nice to be able to PM from the app. Currently, I believe it's only possible from the Web.

    By the way, I would also like to know how to get around the throttle.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  19. #19  
    troshs's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Main page says AT&T got sued by the FED for throttling...maybe others will follow?

    Boom! From My S5
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    They r getting sued for being wrong why couldn't you post how to get past throttle its a legit hack......if you get banned ill close out my account

    Posted via the Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    It not true they throttle the crap out of you I know from exp

    Posted via the Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Can't believe they throttled me.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdhampton7 View Post
    Found a way to get out of throttle with unlimited data... But not sure if I should post it here and get banned

    Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    PM me the method first. I will let you know if it is OK to post or not.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    matthewmcquay likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. S3's Micro sd card suddenly can't be read..
    By rac207 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
  2. Google Play Music is driving me insane...
    By MRW1215 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 06:54 PM
  4. Galaxy Gear, Can't hear anything
    By Vanessa Vial in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions