Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using Contract sim card in go phone

I am currently on contract with AT&T. I do not have a data plan as I have a dumb phone.

My dumb phone broke and I need a new phone. I saw this Alcatel 871a go phone Alcatel 871a Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

If I put my contract sim card into that go phone, will it just act like a standard phone so I'll just continue to be charged as I normally am per month?

Also, is the Alcatel 871a considered a smart phone? I see I can access the internet with it so wasn't sure. I'm afraid it's a smartphone and I'll automatically be signed up for a monthly data plan if I use my contract sim card in that go phone.

thanks.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Default Re: Using Contract sim card in go phone

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateyum View Post
    I am currently on contract with AT&T. I do not have a data plan as I have a dumb phone.

My dumb phone broke and I need a new phone. I saw this Alcatel 871a go phone Alcatel 871a Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

If I put my contract sim card into that go phone, will it just act like a standard phone so I'll just continue to be charged as I normally am per month?

Also, is the Alcatel 871a considered a smart phone? I see I can access the internet with it so wasn't sure. I'm afraid it's a smartphone and I'll automatically be signed up for a monthly data plan if I use my contract sim card in that go phone.

thanks.
    Yes you can use a GoPhone on Postpaid accounts. If the SIM card fits it will work! In fact I might be getting one of these for my camping trip coming up this week!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, that was 1/2 my question.

Other half was will I get charged a data plan with that Alcatel phone? I think it's a non-smart phone but I'm not sure. It says it's got "web" too but its called a basic messaging phone. Is that what a "non-smart" phone is called these days?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateyum View Post
    Thanks, that was 1/2 my question.

Other half was will I get charged a data plan with that Alcatel phone? I think it's a non-smart phone but I'm not sure. It says it's got "web" too but its called a basic messaging phone. Is that what a "non-smart" phone is called these days?
    YEs you could dumb down your plan with that phone if you wanted too as well.
    chocolateyum likes this.