- 42 Posts
Travelling to San Francisco from Canada
Looking for some advice. The wife and I are driving from Vancouver, Canada, to San Francisco. The Canadian carriers are gouging us already on our current plans, I'm paying $85/mo already. I looked into getting a travel addon from them, but it's an additional $40 and only gives me 100MB of data, 250 minutes, and 200 text messages. That seems like too much of a rip-off.
I have a spare unlocked HTC One X. Can I buy a SIM from AT&T or some other carrier and pre-load it with minutes and data? Figure I'll need about 500MB of data at most for the time I'm down there.
I looked on AT&T's, Verizon's, and Sprints website but couldn't find anything or didn't recognize anything that was what I am looking for.
Does anyone here have any insight?
- 06-28-2014, 06:29 AM #2
Re: Travelling to San Francisco from Canada
Have you thought about prepaid services? Cricket wireless SIM would work for you. 500 megs plus unlimited talk and text for one month is $40. They use att towers! So coverage should be good. Stay away from Sprint (Not that it would work anyways!) Coverage seems to be hit or miss and Verizon is also CDMA.
- 06-29-2014, 04:50 AM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-17-2014, 12:19 AM
- By AMRN77 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
- By jlost in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 5Last Post: 07-03-2014, 09:30 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 05:37 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 04:49 PM