Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ship time for Galaxy S5?

Hi all, just registered. Long time iPhone user, temporary Android user (Samsung Captivate, Moto Backflip, HTC Inspire, Galaxy Note) so it has been a while since I've used one. I just jumped ship today at noon and ordered a Galaxy S5 to replace my iPhone 5 I've used the past 16 months. I chose the one day shipping hoping it would arrive at my door on or before Thursday before I head out of town for the long weekend.

I got my confirmation email and it says the estimated shipping time is 2-5 days. The online order status says ship time between 7/05-7/08. This is a huge bummer. I gather that this means 2-5 days before it even leaves the warehouse to be picked up by the carrier, then the additional day or two for the express shipping, meaning it wouldn't arrive until next week?

Does anyone have any experience with this? I haven't ordered a phone online through AT&T since the Motorola V3xx. Is that just an estimate to cover themselves, or are they usually pretty true to their word on that long handling time? I'm a little disappointed that I paid for express shipping and still won't even receive it sometime this week. I am thinking about canceling the order (if that is even possible) and just grabbing one from a store this weekend.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Ship time for Galaxy S5?

Naturally, as soon as I post a thread and call AT&T, I get an email saying my phone has shipped and it is to be delivered tomorrow. Not sure why it was estimating such a late ship date, but all in all I am not complaining.

No idea how to remove the thread. Sorry about the useless posts.