Urgent!! LTE rolled out in my area 2 days ago, had it for approx 6hrs, then it went away. Any ideas?

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So I do have a Nexus 5, on Straight Talk, running on AT&T, but my brother and his wife both have LTE devices (an HTC One M8 and a Galaxy S4) on an at&t contract, and they had the same exact issue! So it has nothing to do with ST or throttling or anything like that, as some ppl have suggested to me. I've used all the APN settings available for my phone, replaced the SIM, everything. And I can't even get H+! But right now, I'm talking about LTE coming on yesterday, when they officially rolled it out in my "region" (about 25mi away), and I was doing speed tests, and my phone was d/l'ing at over 40Mbps consistently, while my brother's M8 was only getting maybe 20Mbps. We had it for about 6hrs, then it disappeared for all 3 of us and hasn't come back on. So obviously, I CAN get LTE service - with full signal bars - where I live now. Any ideas as to why it went away for all of us?!? We're praying it comes back, but has been gone for over 24hrs now. I called ST, and was told I should be getting LTE now with the launch of it so close to where I live. Could at&t be messing with the network, or what? Sucks to finally get LTE on my phone, only to have it disappear hours later, and I can't even get 4G, which has always been available where I live. Just don't understand it, and am desperately hoping someone can offer an explanation that isn't "oh, its cuz u have an MVNO and ur throttled." I'm not throttled. On LTE, my phone was faster than my brother's M8! My brother just doesn't seem to wanna call at&t, and we Can obviously get LTE where we live now, but why has it disappeared?!? Do you think it'll come back at some point? And what could be the cause of this?? Much obliged for any help whatsoever!

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I was on Sprint, they did the sane thing. On, then off, on, then off. Until it stayed on. They are probably testing your area.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
That was why it came on. Mine took a few weeks after that

So it should be coming back sometime in the near future then? Thank God. That's what I was hoping, since we can clearly get it and the signal is way stronger than Verizon's LTE in the area. It was so nice having it for that afternoon lol. I can't wait to have it full-time! Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
When they had been testing it in VT they did the same thing. It was turned off and on for weeks before they just kept it on. Nothing to worry about! It means its really right around the corner!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else, this is what happens when AT&T is about to roll LTE out to a city. Happened in my area for about 2 weeks before it was constant. Such a tease!

Congrats to you though, you will have it soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad