Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Default Really confused now...

I have an iphone 5s and love it but want a bigger screen, heard the iphone 6 will probably cost 800 or more...went to att store today and told her I wanted to look at an htc, first she said, don't buy android, then don't buy htc if you do get android, get Samsung s5, trust me she said I sell a lot of phones...then she said (I'm on next plan with 4 lines) don't switch your lines by "borrowing" upgrades, its too confusing...I do this all the time! Anyways I'm thinking she doesn't want a sell very much. I think I will go to another att store so I can at least look at these phones!

Default Re: Really confused now...

I would not trust any rep who says, "Don't buy Android." This isn't because I'm an Android fan--it's just because it's a ridiculously generalized recommendation without any support. Android is the most prevalent smartphone OS in the world, and continues to progress and innovate.

And in general, I would take any device recommendations from a sales rep with a huge grain of salt. Samsung has a huge advertising and promotional budget, and I wouldn't be surprised if stores had various incentives to promote one phone over another. The HTC One is a terrific phone--all you have to do is read various reviews (on this site and on others), as well as look at many of the "Best Smartphone of 2013 or 2014 Award" on many sites, and you'll see the HTC One listed there.

Good luck with your decision!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
    brick58 likes this.

If you're using an upgrade, the iPhone won't cost you $800 lol. But I will agree with her, don't go HTC. Between the big 3 on android, GS5, G3, M8, the GS5 AND G3 are by far superior

Posted via the Android Central App

I think all of these phones are excellent, but I wouldn't call any one of them far superior to the other. Remember that the HTC One M8 received the top award at the Mobile World Congress, as well as from our esteemed Android Central editorial staff.

Winners 2014 | Global Mobile Awards
    The best Android phones | Android Central
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Profelec View Post
    If you're using an upgrade, the iPhone won't cost you $800 lol. But I will agree with her, don't go HTC. Between the big 3 on android, GS5, G3, M8, the GS5 AND G3 are by far superior

Posted via the Android Central App
    And your basing this on? Have you even owned a M8 to make this judgment? I have and the only thing about the m8 that's inferior is the camera.