Should I buy Warrenty for my S5?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No, you can return the phone within 14 days and after that you have one year warranty on it.
Insurance is only of you brake or lose the phone.
Warranty is for manufacturer defects.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For any device with an AMOLED display, Note 2,3,4 and Galaxy S3,4,5 i would recomend insurance.
The cost of an OEM replacement part for these is in the 200 range. Then if your not tech savvy enough you have to pay someone else to do the repair. So add another 50 or more to it.
I work in the repair business and i have insurance on my Note 3.
The reality is if your careful with your device and use a good case you probably wont need it. But its like playing the oops i broke my device lottery. If you happen to break it then you will be glad you have it.
Do some math in your head.
How much is it monthly just to have the insurance? How much is the deductible? Some carriers are raising the deductible so it may or may not be cost effective.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to get a S5 from AT&T, but should I get AT&T Mobile Insurance for $6.99 a month?

Not its a scam. With the $100 deductible its a waste of time. If it breaks a year later just replace it. I have never had an issue with an AMOLED screen ever. But thats my opinion.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not its a scam. With the $100 deductible its a waste of time. If it breaks a year later just replace it. I have never had an issue with an AMOLED screen ever. But thats my opinion.
While you may not have had an issue with the AMOLED screen its self, the glass often breaks. Since the Glass and display are glued together you have to replace both.
While having insurance maybe a scam for you, some people are prone to loosing, breaking, having phones stolen, or liquid damage, these are the people who benefit most from insurance.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
While you may not have had an issue with the AMOLED screen its self, the glass often breaks. Since the Glass and display are glued together you have to replace both.
While having insurance maybe a scam for you, some people are prone to loosing, breaking, having phones stolen, or liquid damage, these are the people who benefit most from insurance.

Those types of people should stick to beepers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith