We got 20gigs for the price of the 10gig plan

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I called att this morning to see about the 30gig plan. The rep however told me they could bump my 10gig plan to the 10gig plan for the same price. Doubling our data for us! Looks like att is on the ball with wanting to keep customers. Not back for $110 a month! Anyone else experience this? Or something similar with the lower end share plans?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow... I wonder if it was a special deal ... Or some special circumstance with your account... That is crazy to double 10 to 20 GB when it was supposed to start at 15 :D.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow... I wonder if it was a special deal ... Or some special circumstance with your account... That is crazy to double 10 to 20 GB when it was supposed to start at 15 :D.

Agreed! I will screen shot my online account today. After my crazy work day! I called 611 and simply asked about it. Told em' Tmo was offering it and they met it. Was pretty nice. Now I'm guessing that 20gig plan is good until we up a contract or was it just that 2 year BS? We only buy phones off contract anyways so we won't buy from att.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought about calling to see if they would offer to us 10gb'ers. Awesome they allowed it! I might try that today!

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I read about this on MacRumors and even on the actual AT&T community forums. You have to call the retention department and tell them that you're thinking about canceling and going to Sprint, because they offer 20GB for $100. Sometimes you will get lucky and won't have to threaten to cancel, and sometimes you may have to try a few different retention reps. You have to make sure that you're speaking with the retention department, because normal customer service won't usually do it and won't know what you're even talking about. Don't try the chat session either, because they are normal CS.

::EDIT at 8:20am:: I just called and selected the cancel service option (you press 0 and then 5), it sends you right to the retentions department. A nice lady answered right away and all I said was that I seen that Sprint is offering 20GB for $100 and I might have to take that offer if she couldn't give me any other options. At first she tried pushing the 30GB for the price of 15GB, so I said that I really don't want to pay more. That's when she said that she'll check what options she can do. She went on to say that she can offer 20GB for the 10GB price (which I didn't hear her at first) or I could go with the regular promotion that's out right now. I asked her to repeat the first option again and that's when I heard her more clearly. I jumped on it right away.

She said it wouldn't start for me till November 7th, which is fine. I was sent a text message and email about me changing my rate plan. Before she hung up, she said the promo she gave me was exclusively for me. Lol! So hopefully it does change over on the 7th (since it's still showing 10GB right now), but I did get the two confirmation messages, so it should.

::Another Edit - 10am:: I decided to call CS back to make sure I am going to get this 20GB for the same price as 10GB. she said it shows in the notes that it would change over on the 7th of November. I then asked if I could move the date up to today and she said that I would have to speak to retentions again to change it, since they were the ones that changed my plan. So I was transferred over and spoke to another nice lady. I asked if there was anyway I could have it start now, she said yes and that she'd do it for me. Great! She then said that since I haven't gone over my data for this month that I won't have any prorated charges at all. Another great thing. So she changed it and I asked if it would reflect right away if I checked my account and she said yes. We went through the polite ending talk and the call was ended.

I then went to check my account online, it's now blank above where it used to say 10GB Mobile Share plan, but it still shows that I have 7.3GB left (like it did before I changed to 20GB). On the side it says that I recently changed my plan, which I click on it, it takes me to the normal plan page, but doesn't show any plans, just shows a red box and it reads - "Looks like you have the only Mobile Share plan currently available to you. For further assistance, call 1-800-331-0500"

I asked someone at Howard Forums about it and they said that theirs says that too, but that just means if you ever want to change your plan again, you can't do it online, you have to actually call. I logged back into my account on my phone this time and it's now showing 0.03 out of 20GB. Awesome!

So when you guys call in for this, make sure you ask for them to start it for today, instead of the next billing cycle. It doesn't cost anything if you haven't gone over data yet.

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I did this a couple days ago and one of the posters about this deal on some of the deal websites.

Call 611.
When you reach a CSR ask for retention department. If they ask why, tell them you are considering canceling.
Let the retention department know you have been shopping around and would like to see if they are willing to match double data plan for your current plan. In most cases they will do it. If not, threaten or mention are willing to leave them for Sprint.

They are doing this for all data plans, not just the 10gb plan.

DSF767

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the 20 Gig Plan by calling retention (0 and then 5) asked for the 20 Gig for the price of 10 and she did not even push the 30 gig plan just gave it to me right away. so I went from having 4 GB (2 GB each line) of data for $150 a month to 20GB shared for $115 a month that includes my $15 dollar per phone line charge I have a 21% corporate discount though att that was carried over to the share plan!

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Also for those that made the switch to the 15/30 plan (or above), you can have them switch it back to 10GB for you and then request the double data. When the 15/30 promo first came out, I thought about getting it, but my boyfriend and I just don't use that much data for the price. Our bill is $118 a month (this included my 21% FAN discount), and if we would have did the 15/30 data plan, it would have went back to what we were paying for 10GB before I added my FAN discount, just wasn't worth it. So I am glad I read about this on various forums and took advantage of it. 20GB is still too much data for just us two (the most data we ever used in a month was 6GB and that was only once), but you can't beat the price. I think of it as future proofing our plan, because who knows, we could one day use a lot of data.

jetman5843

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I did this 2 days ago. I got it through customer service. I just told them that I have been a customer for many years and I saw the Sprint deal for 20GB for price of 10GB and if there was any way they could do that for me? I told her that I really couldn't afford to pay for the 15GB to 30GB plan. She immediately said that she would do the switch no problem. Within 5 minutes it was done. 20 GB for life at 10GB price.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow and here I was thinking about leaving AT&T to Cricket. They currently have 10gb of data for only $55 a month, however you're throttled to 8 Mbps. Honestly I'm only on data when I'm at the airport or something. I think I'll deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I understand what you are talking about but I had seen a commercial on TV, and heard about the same promotion on the radio, where AT&T was doubling your data for what you're currently paying now.

When I called in to ask a few questions about other services and my bill to the CSR, we discussed this promotion and I was switched!

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how what your result is when you get off the phone :D.

barely did this today, silly work got in the way ;)

So i chose the option for cancelling service and explained the Sprint option of 20gb for $100/mo with up to 10 lines and she happily added 10gb to my plan! 20GB baby!!!!

EDIT : Just did *data and it shows I've used 5.5mb of 20,480mb. My 10,000mb was deactivated.

I love my AC community!

Last edited:

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
This offer has now had the plug pulled on it. A lot of people from so many forums across the internet have said that they can't get it now, even after calling the retention department a million times, no one will do it. One person on MacRumors has said that they tried calling and the retention rep told them that they can no longer do it, because the code that they used to get all these people 10/20, no longer works in their system and they had to stop doing it 2 days ago.

I knew it would happen, just wasn't sure when, and I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. With so many people posting about this throughout the internet. If you Google AT&T 20gb for the price of 10gb, all these different forums come up with at least one post about it. Also, it was posted on HowardForums twice and even the official AT&T community forums (where AT&T employees can read your posts). Even a few people posted about telling the retention dept. where they saw the offer when asked, which was dumb right there and gave AT&T a clue that it was circulating.

I never heard about this on TV or the radio, I did see and hear the normal promos though (15/30, 20/40, etc), but never 20GB for the price of 10GB.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope att continues down this path. Glad I got it and hope it works for others. Now that have it I don't think they can take it away ya? :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope att continues down this path. Glad I got it and hope it works for others. Now that have it I don't think they can take it away ya? :)

They will not take it away as long as you don't change data plans in the future. That was the "catch" of the double data thing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I has my coworker call. He is on the 4 GB plan. He talked to retention and mentioned the benefits T-Mobile has... The data Sprint is offering.. And how he has been with AT&T for years and he is feeling like he isn't valued as a customer since they're only giving stuff to higher plans... They didn't double his 4 GB but the guy have him 2 extra GB for free instead.. So he gets 6 GB now for the price of 4. He is a happy camper :).

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I has my coworker call. He is on the 4 GB plan. He talked to retention and mentioned the benefits T-Mobile has... The data Sprint is offering.. And how he has been with AT&T for years and he is feeling like he isn't valued as a customer since they're only giving stuff to higher plans... They didn't double his 4 GB but the guy have him 2 extra GB for free instead.. So he gets 6 GB now for the price of 4. He is a happy camper :).

Nowadays, anything free from a service carrier is cool lol. But this does sound like they really stopped doubling the 10gb plan.

I also used the fact that I'm sick of relying on wifi which is how I stay below the 10gb cap. Maybe that helped me out a bit

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2