For those who recently signed up - what credit agencies does AT&T pull?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Going to switch my wife and I from VZW to AT&T Postpaid. We intentionally have a credit freeze with all three bureaus. When I went to a corporate store tonight to ask, after looking it up, the rep informed me that AT&T will pull from all three agencies.

I find that hard to believe (our mortgage company only pulled from one agency!) and since it costs $20 per agency to temporarily unfreeze each one, I'd like to know exactly who AT&T pulls from so I don't throw away $40 extra dollars for an unneeded unlock.

Who signed up recently and had a credit pull? Who'd they pull from?

EDIT: Googling turned up whogavemecredit.com which seems flaky at best since it's self reported and seems to have lots of holes.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think its just a TU pull. On top of that they are more interested if you are below a 540 score I think and what your late payments look like.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It varies from business to business but I know for T-Mobile it was a hard check for me (AT&T as well). It isn't uncommon for them to pull from all 3 agencies. I find it odd your mortgage company didn't pull all your scores (mine did) -- But that is where the "varies from business to business" comes in.

To answer your question though AT&T did one on me (this was years ago) and from the information you've received they will most likely do it again.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It varies from business to business but I know for T-Mobile it was a hard check for me (AT&T as well). It isn't uncommon for them to pull from all 3 agencies. I find it odd your mortgage company didn't pull all your scores (mine did) -- But that is where the "varies from business to business" comes in.

To answer your question though AT&T did one on me (this was years ago) and from the information you've received they will most likely do it again.

Funny! We are working with a mortgage now and they pulled all 3 and just did an avg of what the scores are! Att did not pull a hard pull for me 4-5 years ago. However my credit then was so-so and I had no down payment or anything extra on top of just opening a brand new account. I guess it can change too as the years pass on. (Besides if they wanted a down payment for CELL service...I'd just go prepaid personally.)

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
When I signed up for two lines of new service a year ago they pulled my TransUnion report and it was definitely a hard check. I check all three reports once a year and AT&T didn't come up on the other two, just TU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz