AT&T Rollover Data - Are you excited?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T announced they will have "rollover data" -- Are you excited to hear this from the carrier?

Rollover Data from AT&T

http://www.androidcentral.com/atts-new-rollover-data-plan-its-mobile-share-value-users-starts-jan-25

Also on a side note .. you do not have to do anything to get it. This is quoted form the site.

If you’re on a Mobile Share Value plan, you don’t even have to do anything to get it—
Rollover Data is automatically part of your plan

But ... rollover data is only allowed for 1 month of data (not a year or anything).

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly it is better than nothing but it sounds like att is adding it just to have it. One month roll over its pretty meaningless for most people, imo

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
People seeing this be advised: the rollover is also used after the data allotment. So if you have 1 GB leftover from a 6 GB plan, you need to use the 6 first then to your unused 1 GB.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also if you make plan changes then toy would lose roll over. So you can't up it one month, then decrease it the next hoping to use some of the Roll over data from the previous month

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it is better than nothing but it sounds like att is adding it just to have it. One month roll over its pretty meaningless for most people, imo

I agree. There is definitely some red tape there.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the better than nothing statement.

Also, I'm glad to take whatever they give lol.

Although. I already get 20gb per month, but if I just got 15, I'd love the extra rollover.

Posted via the Android Central App

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Have never went over the 20GB I already have, but have received a text when I got to 15GB once. The rollover data will just be for peace of mind. Let's say you did go over your data, at least you'd have some from the month before that was added on, so you won't have to pay the ridiculous fee for each GB.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
This is a good thing for me because my wifi is acting up lately and randomly kicking me off (router is headed to the electronic graveyard).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Rollover Data - Are you excited?

AT&T just 'gave' me 4GB for the price I was paying for 2GB. What all of this signals to me is that they feel their network is at a place where it can easily handle this extra data and they're trying to give some kind of value back to their customers to compete. ...not a bad thing.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

its great if you have the 15 gb or 10gb plan.. what about the the 3gb plan etc,etc... i don't see where those are included!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

AT&T just 'gave' me 4GB for the price I was paying for 2GB. What all of this signals to me is that they feel their network is at a place where it can easily handle this extra data and they're trying to give some kind of value back to their customers to compete. ...not a bad thing.

Na. They just feel like they have to give more to compete. Their network can always handle more. They just won't rush to give it to you till they're forced to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

its great if you have the 15 gb or 10gb plan.. what about the the 3gb plan etc,etc... i don't see where those are included!!

If on the more everything you'll get it. If you're only on the single line plan you won't.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have 5 lines on my account, pay for 15 gb and get 30 gb which I barely, or rarely, go over. It be another thing if AT&T didn't offer the 15 gb plan, which they don't anymore. If I increase my minutes, I'll still get to double my minutes & not pay for the doubled amount. If I didn't have so many minutes, then I'd take advantage of the roll-over data, really.

I use to have roll-over minutes and had lord knows how many!

Posted via the Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have 8 lines on my account and I will take every little thing they give me. I got an email today that they automatically signed me up for rollover. Boy, if we can have a good month where we save 10 gigs that would give us 40 and we'll need 50...Lol. somebody would get there data cutoff!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting 20gigs for the price of 10gigs and I'm not seeing any roll over data being added. No complaint but that is what I'm seeing.

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I am very exciting. Ever since most places i spent my time in have WiFi. I turn off the 4G almost always. It'd be neat to save those unused data for else

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
AT&T increased my data from 2GB/month to 4GB/month. I never came close to using 2GB so I can just get wasteful now. It's good they're doing what they have to to compete with T-Mobile.