AT&T Manufacturer defect exchanges within the 14 day return policy

dphorgan2

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a Nexus 6 from a Largo FL store and 9 days later a hairline crack formed in the screen. Took it back to a Clearwater AT&T store and they told me that they won't exchange devices with manufacturer defects even within the 14 days! Because they say "wa just sell them, thats it. Call Motorola." So call Motorola and explain the crack and they agree that its a defect in the Gorilla Glass and will switch it out. So I take a trip down to the original Largo store and ask again if they will switch it out now that Motorola confirmed its a manufacturer defect. The rep didn't care just said "Good then, send it back to Motorola then! We can't switch it out because its now defective.) Going online and found out that AT&T has done this to several people. Add to the fact I'm getting a remanufactured unit back after I sent them a 9 day old phone that I paid full new price for. Not that its Motorola's fault because when you normally send a defective phone in its a few months old and has some general wear and tear. Has anyone else had this experience with AT&T? I might look into a class action lawsuit against AT&T for reimbursement for getting back a refurbed units. You generally save $100-$150 when buy refurbed units. They should also be forced to disclose to the customer that they don't follow a traditional return policy and won't exchange manufacturer defects even within 14 days.

Thanks in advance for replies!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Just keep In mind that refurbished usually have a 90 day warranty, should you choose that route. Also buying from Costco wireless should allow for new replacements within the 90 day exchange policy

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4