Setting up Verizon Note 4 Voicemail on AT&T?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
HI, just wondering if anyone having a Verizon smartphone has switched to AT&T and knows how to set up the ATT Voicemail? I turned off most of the Verizon Apps, except not sure if the Big Red ICON with the Voicemail is Verizon's Voicemail or just Voicemail in General. I went through this with my Note 2 from Verizon when I switched to AT&T, but thought all you hit is the #1, but it tries to connect to Verizon's Voicemail. I forgot while at the ATT store to ask them to set it up. Can anyone help with this, it's too late now to call ATT, but I can Wait til morning if necessary. Hope someone can help, Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Settings/Device/Call/Vocemail settings. You'll need the number (it's not your phone number - mine's actually in a different area code), so call customer service (it should be 24/7) and they can walk you through it. (That's the number that's called when you use the "1" speed-dial.)

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat, I tried that and it doesn't do anything. Message says call can't be completed, so it must still be looking for Verizon Number. I got it working setting up #2 speed dial and using my mobile number. When I dial my mobile number it goes to AT&T Voicemail. I was looking at some basic Visual Voicemail apps, like Youmail and Google Voice, but mixed reviews on both. Not sure if I want to bother, since I already have a workaround that works. I don't want to use Hangouts either.

Not complaining, just wish they would get Root for the Verizon Note 4, so I at least can get Mobile Hotspot to work. Other than that, pretty happy with AT&T and it's well worth the Switch. The Data I'm getting now compared to Stingey Verizon, I'm happy with, especially with the 1 month Data Rollover.:D