Best Android Phone on ATT?

coryjac0b

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am sick of this iPhone and want an Android based phone, which is the best as far as durability, quality, and spec wise that they offer right now?

The 2 that i have been looking at are the Samsung Captivate and the HTC Aria?

Is there one i missed, or what is your opinion on these 2 phones?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The Captivate is better than the Aria in my opinion, captivate is 1ghz proc. and ari is 600mhz , not saying that is the only thing to consider.

the captivate screen is much better, Aria is very tiny, which makes texting and surfing not so enjoyable, but since the screen isnt that great the processer speed makes it pretty quick since it doesnt need to work as hard.

But just on Screen size alone 3.2 vs 4" ,,plus the fact its Super AMOLED is a huge difference, and from the reviews i heard the Aria chews through battery. so if i am going to have to choose between two devices, it would be the Captivate hands down

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones, it all comes down to what screen size you want. Don't let the 600mhz scare you, it's super quick.

BTW, the Aria has working GPS. Just sayin :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the larger size of the captivate and the overall specs but am not a huge fan of touchwiz. Tough choice. Both are good phones. If I had to choose I would switch carriers.LOL. seriously I guess I would pic the captivate based on the overall specs of the phone.

coryjac0b

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah i would switch also, but Im stuck in a family plan. gonna take a trip down there and play with each at the ATT store tomorrow then.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got the captivate, had an iphone, the captivate has stunning hd vid and is speedy and way more options, however the gps is a little off but that doesnt bother me because I dont use it anyways, got one in my truck if I need one..but IMO the captivate is there best option now...

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Atrix. Wait for it to come out. @Spoiler61 if I were you I would return the Captivate and wait for the Motorola Atrix. It is going to be the best device on AT&T. Just some advice. Tell me what you do.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If the Atrix wasn't on ATT I would consider that myself. If you can wait for that it would be you best bet. If not the captivate is prob you best bet.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just went to the ATT store, the guy said I should return my Captivate and wait, He said March at the latest, and with the anouncment of iphone going to Verizon that might speed up the process...He says they have 11 new android phones comming out....This is getting good....

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Just went to the ATT store, the guy said I should return my Captivate and wait, He said March at the latest, and with the anouncment of iphone going to Verizon that might speed up the process...He says they have 11 new android phones comming out....This is getting good....

Good choice! If I were still going to AT&T that is what I would've done. Just be patient (I know it is hard) and you will have the best Android device you can get on AT&T. Good decision!

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
this is a really outdated post so i figured id bump it instead of making a new thread...so now that were in 2012 and the last comments were from 2011....lets start over...

my wife is looking for a new phone, like right now, not next month or in 2months for something to come out..right now. asap. shes sick and tired of her icrap. so whats the best att android phone with ics??

im using gnex on verizon and am loving it. i want something good and similar for her, were not gonna root or anythng like that. shes simple. i wanna make sure she has an awesome transformation to android and not leave a bad taste in her mouth wanting to go back to eating apples.

any suggestions?? please let me know, thank you :)

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well by default there is only one phone with ice on it. It is the HTC vivid. Otherwise, if you are in a lte area. I would get a galaxy s2 skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
so far i have read mixed reviews about the vivid and skyrocket.

i dont wanna go with lumia since its a brand new phone. i dont wanna run into any bugs and have her disappointed. im trying to get her into android and forget apple ever existed so when the new icrap comes out shell be like huh? oh well, i love me my android

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If it helps any, I was a very loyal blackberry user who just converted to the vivid. I love it and will never go back. My kids have apple and this phone (and os) does so much more than apple can do. My opinion of apple is that they r for lemmings and ppl who really want it plug n play and don't want to tweak things. I love tweaking and customizing. I am very happy with my vivid. Only complaint is battery life. But unlike apple, I can switch mine out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer